icon

viper 5900 does not start the vehicle.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pichoni123 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2014 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
Hi dear folks,. My vehicle is Honda CR-V 2005 with aftermarket full two way security system viper 5900. I replaced my vehicle battery few days before, all other functions of the security system are working fine except the remote does not start the car when I push the start button on the remote and it keeps cranking the engine. I am sure there must be a wonderful person here that can let me know how to re-program my remote so that it should start the vehicle and it will save me some $60 from the Future shop. By the way, I read few instructions online but the reason I am posting here is that with those online instructions I do not want to try them because I am afraid my vehicle may lose other security functions,lol.
Thanks in advance and waiting for the solution
maq
raigen18 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2014 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  
Replacing the car battery shouldn't have caused that but have you tried reprogramming your bypass module? I replaced my ECU on my 05 tsx and same symptoms as you, also using a viper 5901. Car would keep cranking but no start. Didn't start working until I reprogrammed the bypass module
pichoni123 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2014 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
Hi I thankyou for the reply.actually this happened twice whenever I replaced my battery. Can you please tell my how to reprogram the bypass?. Thanks.
maq
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2014 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
We need to know what bypass you have. There are a lot of them out there that would work for your car
pichoni123 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2014 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
What do you need to know. Like the model number or what. I do not know how it looks like and if it is installed under hood. Please guide. Thanks.
maq
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2014 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  
It will be under the driver side dash. There should be 2 black boxes that don't look like they belong there. Probably held in place by a few zip ties. The smaller of the 2 should be the bypass and it should have a model number on it.
pichoni123 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2014 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
I will check in about 15 minutes and will give you the update. Thanks.
maq
pichoni123 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2014 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
Hi blanx218, I checked under the hood, I just see only the speaker(horn like) but there is nothing like a foreign object. I wonder if they placed it something inside that I will check in the morning. Also, I remember about some four years back when I was in other city, same thing happened that due to intense cold, the car started to only crank and not start, so I took it to some shop where they do the security alarm systems, they charged me around $60 and told me they re programmed the bypass. I wonder where this bypass thing will be. I installed this whole system while I was on vacation in Virginia USA but the dealer who installed it, is not cooperative in this regards, looks like I wasted my money. Please let me know what do you suggest. Thanks.
maq
raigen18 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2014 at 6:40 AM / IP Logged  
the bypass module wouldn't be under the hood so check under the dash on the driver side.
here's a quick test to rule out a bypass module problem. insert your key into the ignition but leave it in the off position then try remote starting the car. if it turns on, you know the bypass module needs reprogramming
pichoni123 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2014 at 6:43 AM / IP Logged  
Hi raigen18, You may be right as first time when it happened the guy at the electronic store told me to do the same while on phone, so I put my key in the ignition as you said and then tried the remote and it started, I will try it again and will post it here for your information. I thank you for your suggestion.
maq
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic