icon

2014 jeep wrangler compustar wiring issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
paul h 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2014 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
I'm working with a Compustar CS-6102AS and a Idatalink flashed with ADS-AL(DL)-CH5 firmware according to my omegalink page. I also have the HRN-CH5 ignition 'T' harness.
According to the specs, it states it has Start function thru the data module, but nothing works for the start. Same for accessory is supposed to be thru the module to my understanding.
These is 2 wires, a purple and GREEN/ red stripe that comes out of the ignition T harness and I cannot find ANYWHERE on the paperwork where they go or what too?? The diagram even shows them looped out but no other info?
Anyone give me some guidance. Thank you.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2014 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged  

The two wires are shown as "J" in the Type 6 and Type 7 wiring diagrams.  They are needed on older models that have a Start wire ( and a MUX wire on a different connector ).  They are not used with your install.

Are you trying to run in D2D mode?  My understanding is that the CS600 systems can only go 1-way D2D.  You should be running in Tach Mode and the Tach signal ( and any signal shown as a solid Red line ) will not be seen by the Compustar in D2D mode, it must be hardwired between the modules.

Did you set the Installation Mode on the ADS AL-CA first,  and then program the module to the Jeep?  Did it respond properly at each step, as per the guide?

There is a Pictorial on a Jeep Patriot, done in W2W mode using the ADS AL-CA w/CH5 bypass module, without the HRN-CH5 T-harness.  It shows the Parking Light and typical +12V power connections.  Here is a link  :  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~130393~PN~1

Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic