icon

autopage 225 land rover discovery 2004

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
d2rover 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2014 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 2004 Land Rover Discovery II that has an Autopage RF-225A installed and I believe a glass break sensor as well. I'm new to alarms but have done auxiliary lighting. I've read the Autopage manuals and searched here as well but cannot seem to figure out a couple of problems it has. Any assistance would be appreciated.
1. About 3 seconds after I start the car it honks the horn once. It's driving me crazy! I read all the autopage manuals and searched here but cannot figure it out. Maybe something simple??
2. I also noticed in my 2001 discovery the doors auto locked at about 5 mph and then unlocked went you shut off the vehicle. In the new 2004 w/autopage they do not auto lock but they "unlock" when I shut off the vehicle.
freqsounds 
Copper - Posts: 289
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2014 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
To help us understand your setup a little bit better, we'll need to know which bypass module you're using. A lot of times it's a bypass module setting. It could also be an issue with the factory alarm -- maybe it's armed and when it starts and sees the key (from the bypass), it disables the factory alarm and allows it to start. It could also be a confirmation chirp that the vehicle has started.
If you have a chance, please check the make and model of the bypass module. It's a black box, usually smaller than the brain of the remote starter, but should be near that brain.
No question is stupid or not worth asking. You were once a noob, right? :)
d2rover 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2014 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
There is a smaller black box with a red led. It is marked "DEI model 506T". I think this is just a glass break sensor??? Both the autopage abd DEI 506t are located by the main fuse block under drivers dash. Would a bypass module be located some where else?
I'm not sure if this is relevant but I put the alarm in valet mode and the horn still honks 3 seconds after I start the engine.   
From what I read this is only an alarm/keyless entry system, it doesn't have remote start.
Thanks
freqsounds1 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2014 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
Ahh, ok, that makes sense. Does it have a siren or does it have just the horn? (set the alarm off to test) If it has a siren, you could disconnect the horn wire.
d2rover 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2014 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
No, it doesn't have a siren. It just uses the horn.
godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2014 at 6:12 AM / IP Logged  
You have to go into the feature programming and change the ignition controlled door lock settings to your preference. Im not sure why the horn honks when you start the car. Could be a feature you need to reprogram also.
d2rover 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2014 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  
Ok I see that feature setting in the install manual. I will try it after work. Odd that it doesn't lock when it hits 5mph yet it still tries to unlock.
The horn honk is driving me crazy
d2rover 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2014 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  
godd dan it wrote:
You have to go into the feature programming and change the ignition controlled door lock settings to your preference. Im not sure why the horn honks when you start the car. Could be a feature you need to reprogram also.
Thanks! In feature programming I changed it from "Ignition controlled door locks and unlocks" to "Without ignition controlled door locks and unlocks".   This stopped the horn chirp after starting the engine and the attempted unlock after parking the vehicle.
The Discovery II has a feature called "drive away door locking". Basically locks the doors when you hit 4mph and unlocks when you turn off the ignition. It seems this feature was trying to work, at least the unlock part when I was having the horn chirp after starting. Now I get nothing. It seems to be related to the alarm system but I can also be disabled by the dealer.
Any ideas how to retain the "drive away door locking" with this alarm?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic