icon

viper 5501 db all issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mainer 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2014 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
I'm attempting to install a viper 5501 remote start (no alarm). I have this installed with a DB-ALL via D2D.
I previously had an Avital 4103L installed and everything worked as it should.
I installed the 5501 and the locks works as they should, it starts as it should.
Issues:
When remote started, all the warning lights are illuminated. Once I put the key in and turn off remote start, all the lights shut off and all is normal.
The parking lights are set to be on Constant, they however do not illuminate when remote started. They do flash when, I lock, unlock.
The automatic climate control is not getting power on remote start. Only after I put key in and turn off remote start will the heat/ fan get power.
mainer 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2014 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry....
I have a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (limited)
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2014 at 6:21 AM / IP Logged  
Could you list your connections from the car...5501...DB-ALL
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
brad2388 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2014 at 8:38 AM / IP Logged  
Sounds like your missing a accessory wire or the 2nd accessory as far as the hvac goes.
Also on some vehicles the dball dont control the parking lights so that has to be wired from the remote starter to the parking light input on the jeep.
mainer 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2014 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  
smokeman1 wrote:
Could you list your connections from the car...5501...DB-ALL
Currently in D2D Configuration
Here are the connections:
On the DB-ALL
viper 5501 db all issues -- posted image.
#10 Harness
#3 Pink (ignition Input) to H3/1 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT
#12 Harness
#8/#9 Wired as shown in diagram
#14 Harness
#2,#8,#9 Wired as Shown in Diagram
Now on the Viper I have the Following Connections:
􀂢􀀀Primary harness (H1), 12-pin connector
H1/2 RED (+)12v CONSTANT INPUT
H1/3 BROWN (-) HORN OUTPUT
H1/5 BLACK (-) CHASSIS GROUND
(none of the other connections are used when D2D on DB-ALL)
􀂢􀀀Auxiliary harness (H2), 7-pin connector (NOT USED)
􀂢􀀀Heavy gauge remote start, (H3) 8-pin connector
H3/1 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT TO   DARK BLUE on the ignition switch connector
H3/2 RED / WHITE (+) FUSED (30A) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY INPUT 87 TO BLACK / ORANGE wire on the ignition switch.
H3/3 ORANGE ACCESSORY OUTPUT TO RED / BLACK on the ignition
H3/4 VIOLET STARTER OUTPUT TO YELLOW on the ignition switch
H3/5 RED (+) FUSED (30A) IGNITION 1 INPUT TO RED wire on the ignition
H3/6 PINK/WHITE IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY OUTPUT 30 TO RED / BLACK on the ignition
H3/7 PINK/BLACK FLEX RELAY INPUT 87A key side (if required) of FLEX
RELAY (NOT USED)
H3/8 RED / BLACK (+) FUSED (30A) ACCESSORY/STARTER INPUT TO RED wire on the ignition
􀂢􀀀Remote start input, 5-pin connector
1 BLACK/ WHITE (-) NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH INPUT TO GROUND
2 VIOLET/WHITE TACHOMETER INPUT (NOT USED)
3 BROWN (+) BRAKE SHUTDOWN INPUT TO Brake Switch
4 GRAY N/O or N/C (-) HOOD PIN SWITCH INPUT TO HOOD PIN
5 BLUE/WHITE (-) 200 mA 2ND STATUS/REAR DEFOGGER OUTPUT (NOT USED)
􀂢􀀀Remote start auxiliary output, 5-pin
(NOT USED)
􀂢􀀀Door lock harness, 3-pin connector
(NOT USED)
I am thinking Thast I definitely have my Accessory 2 wiring messed up regarding the HVAC controls.
Does the H3/6 Pink/White need to changed to Accessory 2 in the Menu?
Now here are the 2 things that have me concerned. Since the DBALL was used with the AVITAL 4103 and everything was working.
1. I am very concerned that all of the DASH Warning LIGHTS are lit up when running via remote start using the Viper. (The warning lights shut off when i put in the key and take over.) Whould I be worried about this? thE aVITAL NEVER HAD ANY OF THESE LIGHTS LIT UP??????
2. When I was using the AVITAL the parking lights worked as they should via D2D and the DBALL. Now with this viper, the parking lights flash as they should but they do not stay on constant. I used a Bitwriter to ensure they were set to constant and I even changed the setting to Pulse. Just not sure why they would work via D2D on the Avital and not the Viper?????

mainer 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2014 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
I was just thinking.......
On the DB-ALL #10 harness, is my connection for the #3 Pink (ignition Input) to H3/1 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT connected wrong? Would this connection cause the warning lights on remote start up?
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2014 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
H3/2, H3/5, H3/8 all to constant 12 volt power.
H3/3 to Acc 1 Jeep RED / Black (+) Test with DMM
H3/6 SET AS Accessory in Menu, to Jeep Acc 2 BLACK/ Orange (+)Test with DMM
H3/1 to DB-ALL Pin 9 of 10 pin connector, and Dark Blue (+) of Jeep Ignition 1. Test with DMM (Ignition)
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
mainer 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2014 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  
smokeman1 wrote:
H3/2, H3/5, H3/8 all to constant 12 volt power.
H3/3 to Acc 1 Jeep RED / Black (+) Test with DMM
H3/6 SET AS Accessory in Menu, to Jeep Acc 2 BLACK/ Orange (+)Test with DMM
H3/1 to DB-ALL Pin 9 of 10 pin connector, and Dark Blue (+) of Jeep Ignition 1. Test with DMM (Ignition)
Thank You!!!!
Wired it up as you suggested above and all is good.
The parking lights still will not come on "constant" with remote start although they are controlled by the DBALL. I can live with out this though...
The pressing question that I have is, when I unlock the jeep, only the drivers door unlocks??? When I had the Avital installed, all doors unlocked??? When using the the factory fobs, all the doors unlock as well......
Any suggestions? Thanks again!
freqsounds 
Copper - Posts: 289
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2014 at 8:06 AM / IP Logged  
By default, the DBALL sets the driver's door to priority, meaning just that door will unlock first, if you press unlock again, the other doors should unlock.
This is feature #2 in the installation manual. When set to All, all the doors will unlock at the same time.
For the parking lights, verify pin 8 and pin 9 on the DBALL Red harness. They should be connected together at the yellow wire pin 11 on the headlight switch. If you soldered the connection, verify the connection with a multimeter.
No question is stupid or not worth asking. You were once a noob, right? :)
mainer 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2014 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  
freqsounds wrote:
By default, the DBALL sets the driver's door to priority, meaning just that door will unlock first, if you press unlock again, the other doors should unlock.
This is feature #2 in the installation manual. When set to All, all the doors will unlock at the same time.
For the parking lights, verify pin 8 and pin 9 on the DBALL Red harness. They should be connected together at the yellow wire pin 11 on the headlight switch. If you soldered the connection, verify the connection with a multimeter.
Thanks! I went in and changed feature 2 to all. Pin 8/9 are good on the red harness. I think the parking light issue is based on the Viper 5501. I just removed an avital 4103L one way r/s system for this viper. On the Avital, everything worked. I was using the same dball with the same programming. On the avital, the parking lights were constant on with remote start and the doors all unlocked with one click of the remote even though the dball was set for priority...... Also, all doors unlocked when the drivers door was opened, where as the viper would not and I went in to feature programming and set it to unlock all doors upon Turing off the ignition.
When I went into this project, I foolish assumed that since the avital was a DEI product, that this swap to the 2-way viper would be easy. I guess not, some of this stuff just doesn't seem to make sense that on one unit things work and another they don't??
I do appreciate all of the help I have received here. It has been great!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic