icon

Express dball 2 and Viper 5706v Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie (aka: harryharris)
Silver - Posts: 355
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2014 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
OK, now do you see the point of separating the threads?
Test before boxing up.
thrue1 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2014 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
Hi Harry,
You said that 2011 camry has a factory hood pin, but cannot find?
howie (aka: harryharris)
Silver - Posts: 355
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2014 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
My info was from Directechs but on another post which you're involved with apparently only the SLE model.
Test before boxing up.
thrue1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2014 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
I installed the hood pin that came with viper unit. Ran it through grommet thru hood release. Same with the siren. Will mount siren by the battery .
I don't need a fuse or diode for the hood pin?
thrue1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2014 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
SUCCESS!!!
I HAVE INSTALLED THE AUTO STARTER and WORKS FINE:
Few advice:
1. Do prep work before hand with the viper unit and idatalink(or dball). Get all wires cut, taped etc ready to go before.
2. I installed the Siren and the hoodpin; Had to fish the hood opening cable back and forth to get the siren wire and hoodpin (gray) wire to outside by the battery. VERY DIFFICULT TO DO.
3. Need to take off the airbag unit(4 bolts) to get to ignition wires. DO NOT UNPLUG ANY YELLOW HARNESS ON THE AIRBAG!!!
4. Turn the Steering wheel left or right to access the screw that holds the steering wheel cover. Unless you can get the "black" wire straight, you will need to open this to see the 20 pin and the 18 black wire. I made connection there.
5. Remove the factory tape from the ignition wire bunch; this way you know that the group of 8 ignition wires will be in one group which is the only one you will need to work on.
6. Get lots of twist ties... you will need everywhere
7. On the left side kick-panel; you will see a grounding bolt grounding out two wires that are on a ring terminal. Group all 4 grounding wires together in a ring terminal and join at this bolt.
8. THERE IS NOT MUCH ROOM TO SET THE REMOTE START AND IDATALINK and the shock sensor; Mine unit hands right between the brake and the parking brake.
9. You will need to change MENU 3 setting to: Automatic transmission from manual
10. You will need to change to TACH (I used TACH WIRE TO ODBII ) If you use this need to change settings.
vin123 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2014 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
Good to hear everything working fine for you. I haven't started yet. But I will soon.
By the way, do you be any chance posting picture here as for my references?
I look under hood and i don't see a place to install siren.
About the constant 12volt, did you install the terminal to solder? I knew you ask someone some where in the post.   
thrue1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2014 at 6:03 AM / IP Logged  
Look in front of the battery towards the light. I hung mine there by the support with a small bolt and lock washer and nut.   Just only got one side of the siren foot. I will send u a photo.
The hood pin also has a location so you don't have to drill a new hole.
vin123 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2014 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
thrue1, where do you see wire information for camry 2011? I looked at your post, it isn't the same as mine. I found mine at this site the12volt.com.
thanks
vin123 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2014 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  
thrue1 wrote:
SUCCESS!!!
I HAVE INSTALLED THE AUTO STARTER and WORKS FINE:
Few advice:
1. Do prep work before hand with the viper unit and idatalink(or dball). Get all wires cut, taped etc ready to go before.
2. I installed the Siren and the hoodpin; Had to fish the hood opening cable back and forth to get the siren wire and hoodpin (gray) wire to outside by the battery. VERY DIFFICULT TO DO.
3. Need to take off the airbag unit(4 bolts) to get to ignition wires. DO NOT UNPLUG ANY YELLOW HARNESS ON THE AIRBAG!!!
4. Turn the Steering wheel left or right to access the screw that holds the steering wheel cover. Unless you can get the "black" wire straight, you will need to open this to see the 20 pin and the 18 black wire. I made connection there.
5. Remove the factory tape from the ignition wire bunch; this way you know that the group of 8 ignition wires will be in one group which is the only one you will need to work on.
6. Get lots of twist ties... you will need everywhere
7. On the left side kick-panel; you will see a grounding bolt grounding out two wires that are on a ring terminal. Group all 4 grounding wires together in a ring terminal and join at this bolt.
8. THERE IS NOT MUCH ROOM TO SET THE REMOTE START AND IDATALINK and the shock sensor; Mine unit hands right between the brake and the parking brake.
9. You will need to change MENU 3 setting to: Automatic transmission from manual
thrue1, on #9 ...are you talking on remote key remote?
10. You will need to change to TACH (I used TACH WIRE TO ODBII ) If you use this need to change settings.
and #10 where do you change the settings?
I'm going prep my in a couple week.
thrue1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2014 at 5:45 AM / IP Logged  
Bulldog security or. It should be in you're xpresskit manual for your car and make
Page of 11

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic