howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2014 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  
Did you even notice my last post?
Also yes to relay for second ACC.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2014 at 6:25 AM / IP Logged  

OK.  Going by your wiring, you are going in W2W mode.  This means your are making hard-wire connections between

the Viper and the DB-ALL2.  It also means there is no need for the D2D harness to be plugged in / used.  However, you
did not list the +12V and Ground connections on the Blue 14 Pin DB0-ALL2 connector.  These must be made in W2W
mode.

First an omission.  H2/17 Hood Pin is an important safety feature and is used to monitor the hood for alarm purposes.

With the Hood Pin installed, you will not be able to mistakenly remote start the engine while you are changing your oil
and the hood is up. 

Secondly, the DB-ALL2 does not monitor the rear doors of the truck.  You didn't mention if you had a two door, four

door or extended cab truck.  If you have a four door truck, you will have to hardwire the door trigger wires to the Viper.

While it is probably not your problem, I would power the the trucks Brown ACC2 wire during a remote start.  You will

need a 30/40 Amp SPDT relay and a fuse holder w/ 30 Amp fuse.  Here is the wiring :
Relay Pin 85 to Viper H2/22 Orange wire
Relay Pins 86 and 87 to +12V constant through 30 Amp fuse
Relay Pin 30 to Sierra Brown ACC2 wire
Relay Pin 87a not used

After everything is connected / soldered / insulated, there is a sequence that should be followed.

1.  Set all the need Viper programming options.
     A.  Transmission Mode = Automatic   Menu 3, Item 1, Option 2
     B.  Engine Checking Mode = Tach    Menu 3, Item 3, Option 4
     C.  Flex Relay Function = ACC2   Menu 3, Item 8, Option 2
The rest at Factory Default should be OK at this point, although some fine tuning might be required.  Programming
the Viper with the remotes can be tricky and there is no way to verify the setting change.  Many people have had a
difficult time getting the Viper in to Automatic Transmission mode.

2.  Next, perform the Viper Tach Learn process and verify good results.

3.  Then perform the DB-ALL2 vehicle programming and verify good results.

Test the locks and Viper alarm functions.

Try a remote start.  Remember that the Viper will bring up the ignition circuits and wait until it sees the Glow Plug

signal to crank the engine.  If this doesn't work properly, you can try setting the Viper for a fixed wait time of 15
seconds.  Menu 3, Item 9, Option 2

Remember to use the Viper error reporting system functions to help identify the problem area.

Soldering is fun!
bensauto 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2014 at 6:29 AM / IP Logged  
@howieII-Yes I did notice ur last post. Thank you! That's why I mentioned at the top of my last post that it was an automatic, and in point # 5 I mentioned that I had already programmed it for automatic....Thanks also for confirming the relay for second accessory. I'll get it done.
bensauto 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2014 at 6:35 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info kreg! I'll see what I can do.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2014 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
OK, follow Kreg's great advice and go for it, best of luck 07 gmc sierra classic 2500hd diesel - Page 2 -- posted image.
bensauto 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2014 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
Ok not sure if its just me or if this is actually strange. I haven't changed any of the wiring since I posted last, or wired in the relay for the brown second accessory wire yet. But I figured out(PTL) that if I push the remote start button 4 times, it will start it and then 4 more times shut it off. I hadn't stated before the the primary remote does not work as in will not even light up or say anything on the lcd display of the remote. So I'm working totally off the secondary remote. Sorry if this doesn't make sense. It was written in a hurry. Thanks a bunch for your help! Aside from a few minor things yet, I should be good to go!
Ben
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2014 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
Change the activation number from 4 to 1 via the programming sheet.
Charge the primary then look up "paring" on either the owners manual or the programming sheet.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic