icon

car security keyless entry alarm wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mpalmisano 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2014 at 4:53 AM / IP Logged  
i just bought a cheap security alarm keyless entry system for my 98 maxima, i bought a unitech uni335. i got the instructions out an started the install. all the harnesses in the direction tells what color the wire is, what it does,an where to connect them except one 20 pin harness. the direction only tell me the wire color an purpose of the wire but not where to connect it. there are a few wires that say ground output when armed, ground output when running,ground output when starting ect. where do these grounds go. i assummed just ground to chassis but than i figured that not right so here i am . any help an info what be appreciated thanks.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2014 at 6:22 AM / IP Logged  
Ground out while armed/used to drive a starter kill relay.
Ground out while running/used to drive a bypass or second ignition relay.
Ground out while running/ used to drive a second starter relay.
From what you described, you may not need any of these. DO NOT ground them.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
mpalmisano 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2014 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
ok so i got the alarm part partially working i think,now my main concern is the keyless entry, again 98 maxima. as i have researched this car has a double pulse unlocking system negative triggered. i was told by audio installation shop i either need a module or to go cheaper i can do a 5 wire relay. i bought the relays [2] an the harnesses. i tried to do it an i fried my main switch. my doors wouldnt lock or unlock an none of my windows worked so i went to junk yard got new switch an fixed that problem, i tried the 5 wire relay thing again an i ended up frying the switch again but this time only the driver window an driver lock/unlock doesnt work. i assume its the switch again since i wired my window motor to 12volts an made it go back up. so can anyone post a 5 wire relay negative trigger diagram for an idiot, cuz the ones i seen on this site are not working. either that or i just cant find my actuator wires. it says 2 wires go to switch{is this the switch itself or the 2 wires from the alarm brain??] an 2 other wires go to acuator side[whats that mean? the wires go from the actuator right to the switch as far as i can see. 2 wires are grounded, an 2 wires go to 12 volts, an to get grounded. is this correct or am i missing something? its 2 5 pin relays. im going back to junk yard to spend another 25 bucks on a new switch, i really hope to not fry this one since money tight an junk yard doesnt have anymore of my switches. as far as remote start part i think ill get that to work once i find my neatral switch wire an tach wire at bcm. neatral switch isnt the color on the tech sheet on this site,or the location is not correct.
howie (aka: harryharris)
Silver - Posts: 355
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2014 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
Not 5 wire at all light green NEG (-) lock and light GREEN/ YELLOW double pulse NEG(-) to unlock.
Test before boxing up.
yellow_cake 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2014 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
You do not need relays for keyless entry on this car, they are low current negative triggers. If your alarm has negative outputs for lock & unlock, you can directly wire them to the car.
Lock is (-) lt GREEN/ red, unlock is (double pulse -) GREEN/ YELLOW (the 1st pulse disarms the car and the 2nd pulse unlocks the doors).
Both of these wires at the driver's door switch can be tested by metering them while turning the driver's lock cylinder using the key.
yellow_cake 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2014 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
^^ Howie is too quick car security keyless entry alarm wiring -- posted image.
howie (aka: harryharris)
Silver - Posts: 355
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2014 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
Shoooosh I'm not supposed to be Howie any more car security keyless entry alarm wiring -- posted image.
Probably the worst kept secret on this forum.
By the way I made a mistake on the lock wire going from here to Directechs and back, a senior moment, sorry, yellowcake is correct on the lock colour, or should I say color?
Test before boxing up.
mpalmisano 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2014 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
yes you guys are right on the lock/unlock colors . ive known that but my problem is i hook up the wires an it doesnt work. also my tech sheet {wire colors] sheet says this car has double pulse negative trigger. i use a test light an both my lock an unlock wires are positive. i put test light on brown wire an BROWN / white wire an ones positive lock an other positive unlock or viseversa. my alarm has 3 wires for the locking system red 12v an a blue -lock +unlock an green +lock -unlock. this is all my directions tell me, so how do i hook up these 3 wires an what do i hook them to? my lock/unlock colors dont do sh@%.. i had a install shop tell me i needed 5 wire relay, on here you guys say no lol either way i do it i cant get it. oh an also i dont know if it matters or not but this car does not have a factory keyless entry/alarm as far as i can tell. i see the same car in junk yard today that had relays under the hood labeled antitheft an in the trunk had modual for keyless entry. but my car doesnt have any of that so i assume it was optional.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2014 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
What are the number of wires and their colours coming from the lock motor in the driver's door?
Also if low current switching and your test light has an incandescent bulb, ground the clip and probe the rear of the switch, that will give you the correct wires.
PS Is one of them RED / yellow or yellow/red?
mpalmisano 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2014 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  
there are a total of 14 wires on the back of that switch, an yes ones GREEN/ red an GREEN/ YELLOW. supposedly the lock an unlock wires .also i just took a wire an grounded it an used the other end to touch the GREEN/ red an GREEN/ YELLOW wires an one does lock the doors an the other does unlock them. if i use a test light on the brown an BROWN / white wires i get power from one when i lock the door an power from the other when i unlock it. what do i do. obviously i see now that all 4 of these wires have something to do with the locking system. if you do know what i have to do to make this work please be specific, i really appreciate it.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic