icon

06 ford fusion s w/ crimestopper rs 4 g4

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jas51384 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2014 at 5:43 AM / IP Logged  
I was looking to get the Xpresskit pkfm bypass module. I can't seem to find if the data to data feature is compatible with the data port on my rs4 g4. Anybody know?
jas51384 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2014 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
now I'm at a loss. I don't have a PURPLE / brown wire for the oem disarm and now that I have the unit programmed I went to reconnect the "door unlock" wire back and it tries to start the car. I metered the wire and it shows 2.56v/dc and when I push the unlock switch it drops. I can't figure out why it tries to start when i connect that wire
jas51384 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2014 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  
I did some testing and found that the start activation wire from the rs4-g4 has 3.75 volts on it. The the wire coming to the door locks has about 2.6 volts on it. When I connect these wires which I assume is correct, the vehicle tries to start with no input from me other than connecting those two wires. Is the difference in voltage causing the remote start to activate? If so how to I correct this?
Thank you
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2014 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  
your star activation wire needs to be connected to this lock motor wire ...Lock Motor      gray/brown      5 wire      driver kick or SJB, conn. E, pin 17
you might need a relay-test the wire to see if its a ground with out hitting the lock switch.
jas51384 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2014 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  
Ok thank you. According to the wiring diagram I got from ford yesterday one wire does go to ground. I will try it and post the outcome. Thank you again.
jas51384 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2014 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
prdjr165 wrote:
your star activation wire needs to be connected to this lock motor wire ...Lock Motor      gray/brown      5 wire      driver kick or SJB, conn. E, pin 17
you might need a relay-test the wire to see if its a ground with out hitting the lock switch.
Ok, it tested to ground. Now that I have that wire connected I programmed the remote start to look for three ground pulses to start the car but the car keeps trying to start on the first or second lock press. I'm not sure what to do from here. Also, do I need to connect the OEM Alarm Disarm wire? I don't have the rearm wires since I don't have a keypad. I did find the Disarm wire.
jas51384 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2014 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
Any ideas what to do about the 3 lock pulses? It tries to start with one or lock button presses.
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2014 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
Are you using a relay to convert the door lock motor wire from a positive pulse to a Negative? You'll need to wire in a relay if you haven't already. That wire rests at a ground when not used and pulses Positive. So the crimestopper is sitting at your first ground pulse. Wire in a relay like so:
85 & 87 - ground
86 - door lock motor wire (Lock Motor-gray/brown in the driver kick or SJB, conn. E, pin 17)
30 - crimestopper activation wire
jas51384 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2014 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
flobee4 wrote:
Are you using a relay to convert the door lock motor wire from a positive pulse to a Negative? You'll need to wire in a relay if you haven't already. That wire rests at a ground when not used and pulses Positive. So the crimestopper is sitting at your first ground pulse. Wire in a relay like so:
85 & 87 - ground
86 - door lock motor wire (Lock Motor-gray/brown in the driver kick or SJB, conn. E, pin 17)
30 - crimestopper activation wire
Oh Man thank you so much! I was just out there trying to figure this out. thank you
jas51384 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2014 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
I'm still needing assistance with this install. After connecting the activation (green) wire from the crimestopper to a relay and the Lock Motor      gray/brown      5 wire      driver kick or SJB, conn. E, pin 17 it seemed to work fine till I drove the car. When I use my left turn signal it triggers that same relay and when I go to shut the car off it stays running unless I hit the brake to shut it off. This is only when the Left turn signal is used first. I did a little test: The relay doesn't feel to activate when pushing the lock button but you can certainly feel and hear it when using the left turn signal.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic