03 gm security

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
coolen 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2014 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  
Good day everyone,
I had a 03 Pontiac show up at the shop that has been cutting off due to a faulty passlock system. I have been doing some reading and some people's solution was to install a remote starter bypass module. Is this a sound solution other than replacing the ign assembly? I haven't used a bypass module for this specific issue before, but for other gm installs I know they work. I wasn't sure if they only bypass the system for r/s situations or if it's all the time.
thanks!!
ropuma 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2014 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  
bypass the resistance at switch. if continue with same problem change the switch it is simple.
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2014 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
You should never permanently bypass the Passlock. Its there for a reason. You also run the risk of creating an undriveable car if your bypass fails. Recommend the customer get it fixed correctly!!!!!
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2014 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged  
We have fixed several cars by doing a permanent bypass. When GM wants $900 for a proper fix that will fail again most people jump at the chance of finding a way to keep their car on the road. Educate the owner on exactly what you are doing and what the alternatives are. 9/10 will choose the permanent bypass. (soldered of course)03 gm security - Last Post -- posted image.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
coolen 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2014 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  
So after long consideration, I have decided to order a new tumbler which the company claims that the sensor it part of it. It came with 2 new keys.I only had a very quick look at it, but I did notice that there was a small plug in it so I'm assuming that is for the passlock.
Thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic