the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

94 corolla, avital 4103l

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2014 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
Where did you connect the BLACK/ white netural safety wire ? It's in the same 5 pin connector as the tach and brake wires
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
alexlewis 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2014 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
chev104275 wrote:
Where did you connect the BLACK/ white netural safety wire ? It's in the same 5 pin connector as the tach and brake wires
I didn't because my car diagram doesn't show I have something to connect it to unless I ground it.
pentavolvo 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2014 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah ground that wire and see if it starts
chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2014 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
I haven't worked on that car in particular but if its an automatic it should have a neutral safety switch. If you get in the car put it in drive or reverse and try to start the car. It shouldn't try to crank over if it has a safety switch. Do this in an empty parking lot and be prepared to step on the brake if the car tries to move. If you have the switch then just ground that wire. That's most likely why the car isn't starting.
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2014 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
pentavolvo wrote:
chev104275 wrote:
....That's most likely why the car isn't starting.
I'm with these two...you should actually have a switch to put on that wire so you can disable the remote start. Also on the topic of safeties you should hook up the hood pin. That, the R/S disable switch, and the under-hood warning stickers are valuable protection and safety for whomever has to work under the hood of your car.
alexlewis 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2014 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
chev104275 wrote:
I haven't worked on that car in particular but if its an automatic it should have a neutral safety switch. If you get in the car put it in drive or reverse and try to start the car. It shouldn't try to crank over if it has a safety switch. Do this in an empty parking lot and be prepared to step on the brake if the car tries to move. If you have the switch then just ground that wire. That's most likely why the car isn't starting.
i had the car in reverse and drive and both times tried starting the car and it didn't start. So I grounded that wire and it still would not remote start.
alexlewis 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2014 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
catback wrote:
pentavolvo wrote:
chev104275 wrote:
....That's most likely why the car isn't starting.
I'm with these two...you should actually have a switch to put on that wire so you can disable the remote start. Also on the topic of safeties you should hook up the hood pin. That, the R/S disable switch, and the under-hood warning stickers are valuable protection and safety for whomever has to work under the hood of your car.
The unit did come with a separate switch that I connected to the BLACK/ white wire then I grounded the other end but still no start.
chev104275 
Posted: July 01, 2014 at 5:01 AM / IP Logged  
What does it do when you try to start it ?
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2014 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  
alexlewis wrote:
The unit did come with a separate switch that I connected to the BLACK/ white wire then I grounded the other end but still no start.
Ensure that switch is ON and the avital is seeing a ground on that BLACK/ white wire.
Should that fail you need to perform the shutdown diagnostics.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic