the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2010 jeep wrangler unlimited

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,419
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2014 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  
Im going to be installing a remote start in my friends 2010 Jeep wrangler Unlimited automatic Trans soon. Im hoping someone can tell me if the factory fob still functions after the truck is remote started. Trying to decide on a DEI 4103 or a 4113. I havent seen the truck yet. Should be a fun one ive never done a newer jeeps.
Thanks Joe
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2014 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  
As far as I know yes it does still work. 2010 jeep wrangler unlimited -- posted image.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
cmk0808ny 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2014 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
Go for a DB All with RSR and add an XL202 for remotes if you would like. T-harness available. 5 minute install.
chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2014 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks cmk my supplier carries idatalink so I'll be going with that. I was reading the install guide for the ads-al-ca as a stand alone remote start using the factory remote. My main concern is the wranglers parking lights. The install guide says to use a special relay from idatalink. From what I've found they only come in 4 packs. I only need 1. From what the idatalink module install guide says the parking light output only handles 25ma so running a relay off the output is out. Is this the only way of doing the parking lights ?
cmk0808ny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2014 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
The CA should give you a negative output for parking lights. Just wire an external relay to the parking lights.
You can add a remote kit also to the CA module for longer range.
I believe there is a t-harness also available for the install on that car. It might even have a relay for the parking lights. Look into that
chev104275 
Posted: August 19, 2014 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
Yea I saw the harness still need to interface with the parking lights. I was going to use a relay but the output has a warning that it only handles 25ma most relays draw 150ma.
cmk0808ny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2014 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
I guess thats what the inverter is for. But Id call idata and ask them.
chev104275 
Posted: August 19, 2014 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
Yea I was going to. Just figured I would see if anyone has done it another way.
cmk0808ny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2014 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  
I have done them with the dball not the ca module. I do dealerships and they always need a one button to go with the car. I buy the 4118AL kit for the dealers like that.
chev104275 
Posted: August 19, 2014 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks cmk I'll make a call tomorrow to idata see what they say

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic