icon

using bitwriter 998t on viper 5606

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mxa77 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2014 at 8:06 AM / IP Logged  
I searched the site for other similar questions, but didn't find much, so here's my question. I just added glass break and tilt sensors on a 2 way Viper 5606 remote start and now wanted to change some options using the DEI Bitwriter. I must be doing it in the wrong sequence, but when I turn on the bitwriter I select Read, the tool reads the settings off the brain, then shows me transmitter "0" is paired with it, then shows the options and allows me to change them.
Now, after I change some of settings (like run time for remote start, etc) when I push the write button, it says something about "you must have a transmitter paired before writing". There's no option shown to do this and when first turned on it already shows it's paired with Transmitter "0".
What am I doing wrong? Is there another sequence of steps that I should follow? The bitwriter has the V 2.9 chip on it, but it's the 998T model. Is this model not compatible? Not sure what the difference is between the two, but this one has the 2.9 chip which is what's needed for 5606.
Any feedback is appreciated.
Mxa77
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,601
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2014 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  
just use your remotes on the system before you read the setting.
mxa77 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2014 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you so much! That worked great. Now I set the feature options just the way I like them to be. The main thing was thatI did not want the car start at certain temperature so I turned off that feature. The shop that installed it didn't even tell me about all the options available. Thanks again!
Mxa77

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic