icon

mercedes benz vacuum pump problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2014 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
You're jumping to conclusions based on a lack of knowledge and you used that magical word "assume" when the correct word is know.
Know this. Your above scenario is incorrect because as I explained before, with either the key in the ignition or a door open, the lock controls simply won't work so no damage is done, key in or door open inhibits locking.
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2014 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  
Looking at the given diagram (link below) it is to be noted during a lock or unlock the switch and it's current power state is isolated from the signal being sent to the vacuum pump thus averting a potential short.
https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/page3.asp#vac
chassis 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2014 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
This installation was totally screwed. the door wire from the alarm wasn't linked to the alarm module. that's why alarm system thought the doors are closed and still send the signal to the relays while the driver door was accidently left open.
Do it once,do it right - This means no short cuts. You never get paid twice for having to do the job twice because it wasn't done right the first time.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2014 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  
Fair enough.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2014 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks and sorry howie.
Do it once,do it right - This means no short cuts. You never get paid twice for having to do the job twice because it wasn't done right the first time.
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2014 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  
The alarm doesn't care if the doors are closed, it'll attempt to lock whenever told with the exception on the key being on.
If anyone knows of an alarm that won't respond to a lock command if a door is open or better yet waits till the door closes and then responds without a second lock command from the user I'd love to know the brand and model of alarm. I've yet to come across an alarm that behaved in that manner.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2014 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  
Autowatch 276rli,it doesn't send signal when a door is open,it gives me a few beebs indicating a open door
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2014 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  
Local product, a bit over fussy but not too bad.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2014 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
I have fixed the problem,I used the diagram with the two relays and I have sort out the doors.thanks Howie and team.I love this site.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic