icon

monster vs stinger + sub box for caddy

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
D148l0 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2003 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  
I rather have more SQ than SPL... I'm going with  the hole in the middle and the 6x9  out, that will be perfect... I just bought 4 MB quart RSC-213 to be located in the factory positions (the car has very good soundstage the way it is, you probably know that) powered with a nakamichi  PA-1004. In a near future, as soon as I'm $$$ recovered, I would like to install a 8" sub or a midbass drive in the front, below the dash... (focal and image dinamics are in my mind now), and replace the factory center channel with maybe an MB quart... Does any store sell single MB's?? 4" or 4x6 would be great....                                                             Thanks for all your help guys!!
d148l0
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2003 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  

That’s some nice equipment and sounds like it will be a nice set up. I don’t know of any places that sell the RSC 210 separately. And that sub up front will give you some incredible dynamic sound.

Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2003 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
Focal has a 5" sub that performs very well despite its size...sounds like most 8s and is very versatile for mounting applications...may want to consider using it as your center channel...
the 5m will be plenty for your Caddy, I used them for an install in my friends Sedan deVille...as was afforementioned, you will not hear the difference between the two sets of RCAs so buy whatever better suits your budget/install/cosmetic taste...
the Naks sound great sealed, but I havent heard one ported yet...if you do port it, lemme know what you think...good luck...
D148l0 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2003 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
Big Purds, for center channel I was considering a coax, or a midrange...  unfortunately the only brand I have seen selling single midranges is JL... even if it's one of their best models, I'd rather have MB or focal...  the factory speaker in the dash is 4x6, and I don't know if the depth or diameter available is enough for a 5" sub...  since the car is FWD there is no transmission bump, so I have plenty of space to put a 8" - 10" in a kick panel... Thanks for the feed on the naka, I love the brand but this is my first sub of this model (I owned several JL's), so it's good news...  The box is gonna be sealed, but if I get any opinion or get to listen to a ported one, I'll let u know...   thanks a lot!
d148l0
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic