the12volt.com spacer
icon

acura tsx 04 automatic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ttttiiinna 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2015 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ttttiiinna
Hello Everyone!
I need your help with an alarm + remote start alarm system. I have an Acura TSX 2004 and I am installing a Clifford 570.4x. I can't seem to get into the menu of the system.
These are the wires I'm using:
12 volt constant - white (+) at ignition switch harness =   red wire in alarm
Starter - BLACK/ white (+) at ignition switch harness = violet and green wires in alarm
• Starter is cut in half
       o     Violet (H3/4)– goes to car side
       o     Green (H3/5)– goes toward key side
Ignition 1 - BLACK / YELLOW (+) - ignition switch harness = pink (H3/1) in alarm
ACCESSORY /HEATER blower 1 - BLACK/ red (+) - ignition switch harness = orange (H3/3)
ACCESSORY /HEATER blower 2 - WHITE/ red (+) - ignition switch harness = pink/white (H3/7)
Parking lights ( + ) - RED / black (+) - @ white 45 pink plug, top of fuse box = white (H1/5)
Power lock - pink/black - @ green 30-pin, pin #25 at MIC module = green (3/3)
Power unlock - pink/blue - @ green 30-pin, pin #9 at MIC module = blue (1/3)
Door trigger - GREEN/ red (-) @ green 5-pin plug behind fusebox = green (15/24)
Tach - @ ecm/pcm (blue) = dark blue (5/24)
Brake - WHITE/ black (+)     - @ switch above brake pedal =brown (20/24)
ground wires are also used...
I’m currently using a Fortin – SL3 bypass which is pretty simple to hook up.
I followed the instructions to program as I'm trying to teach tach to the remote start sytem but I can't seem to get in the menu....
Instructions from manuals:
Open a door. Turn the ignition on then off. To select a menu, press and hold the control button and the number of chirps indicates the current menu....
I don't hear any chirps at all.... can anyone give me any advice or suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
acura tsx 04 automatic -- posted image.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2015 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
no need to go into the menu for tach learn.
Start the car, step on the brake, press and hold the valet button, led will go solid for 3 seconds, release and thats it.
you need the menu however to set it for automatic transmission.
is your siren connected?
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
ttttiiinna 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2015 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ttttiiinna
Hi Ted!
Thanks for the reply! Yes the siren is connected. I am able to hear the siren chirp when I lock, unlock, or when I test the door trigger.
Do you think it's a bad alarm module? I've installed one on a civic and it works perfectly fine.
banthonyb71 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2015 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote banthonyb71
As stated before. Have you set it up for Auto tran? If not, this is your first issue as they come preprogrammed for Manual transmission. The reason he asked about your siren is because you need to be able to hear the siren chirps when programming. I believe, trans select is menu 3 option 1. but again, you will need the manual and siren connected.
programming tach is the last of your worries. The system is default on virtual tach, I would recommend leaving it there as the vehicle will start so long as the bypass and trans select are installed and programmed correctly. but without that trans programmed to automatic....your vehicle will not start..
ttttiiinna 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2015 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ttttiiinna
You are correct, however, I can't get into the menu at all. I've follow the manual installation instructions... Open the door, turn the ignition on, then off and press the control button. Usually, I will be able to hear the chirps and enter the menu where I can program everything I need. However, I'm running across the issue where I can't into the menu at all.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2015 at 3:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Make sure the green wire at H2 on the 570.4X sees a ground by testing.
banthonyb71 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2015 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote banthonyb71
do you get any chirps at all? can you actually close the door and get the siren to arm/disarm? or does the siren only not chirp during programming? If only while during programming, make sure your door trigger wire is actually throwing ground while the door is open.
Walk us through the exact steps you are taking to program and the exact response from the system.
ttttiiinna 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2015 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ttttiiinna
Hey everyone!
It works now! I let the system sit overnight without the battery plugged in.
ttttiiinna 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2015 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ttttiiinna
Hey everyone,
I'm trying to hook up the trunk release. This is the wire schematics that I am currently using.
I'm using a relay:
30 - car alarm wire YELLOW /GREEN found in the driver's running board.
87 and 86 - 12 volt wires
85 - Clifford alarm, wire RED / white
Can I have some advice on a different way to do the wiring?
Thanks!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2015 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Assuming that wire is POS your wiring is correct. I would add a diode (1N4004) between 85 and 86, band to 86 to prevent damage to the Clifford.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic