the12volt.com spacer
icon

5704 Python dball2, 2003 Camry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
w.w.rabon 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2015 at 4:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote w.w.rabon
****Moved from https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=136184&tpn=11****
I'm new to this sight and this is my first alarm install. I know the post says 5706 but most on here are on the 5704 due to the member creating this post changing it to 5704. my question is regarding the dball2 and a python 5704p install. I installed the Dball and the 5704 alarm on my 2003 Camry 3 days ago later that day my check engine light came on yesterday it started having problems starting. I stopped at auto zone and it pulled 5 codes misfires and coolant temp being high. coming home that night my hood started smoking I immediately pulled over and popped my hood. the coolant reservoir had pooped its cap and steam coming from it there was no coolant in the car. I waited for the car to cool off and filled my car with water and antifreeze,
Today I pulled the wires from my car alarm and restarted. first off I want to say I realized I was suppose to split the ignition wire then run one wire from the 5704 to key side and anther to ignition side I found a few diagrams showing different ways of doing this some incorporate the starter wires I'll try to post a picture. basically if you could tell me from the beginning what wire go where from the beginning for a 2003 Camry dball2 and python 5704 I have it flashed with the correct firmware TL1 and it says to use type 4 I have read the diagrams and I think I know what I'm doing but like splitting the ignition wire got by me I have relays and read on her how to do that with the starter wire I'm sure I will have more questions I will try to put in the next post.
William W Rabon
w.w.rabon 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2015 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote w.w.rabon
5704 Python dball2, 2003 Camry -- posted image.
my car does have two starter wires I didn't post in form of a question. Sorry I'm not trying to waist my time I mean your time. But I was making sure I didn't have to cut wires. So Relays and my two starter wires?? If You could just tell me which wires on this pic I'm about to post I should connect??? And I just want to be sure that I couldn't have done anything with the wiring to cause it to overheat.?? or the check engine light to come on?.
5704 Python dball2, 2003 Camry -- posted image.5704 Python dball2, 2003 Camry -- posted image.
William W Rabon
w.w.rabon 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2015 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote w.w.rabon
Thank you TED. you posted while I was typing. I've been to http://www.bulldogsecurity.com I think I had the wiring Right just double checking. But thanks for the free search engine. That relay Is what I had I think. I was missing the diode knowingly though I need to get one. What amp I think they come in amp maybe 1 or 2.Or by getting a 1n4004 does that provide the amp?
William W Rabon
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2015 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Use a 1N4004 or 1N4007 for the relays coil quenching.  It's not the amperage but the voltage spike level ( 200V + ) that you are concerned about.
Soldering is fun!
w.w.rabon 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2015 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote w.w.rabon
for the h3 harness the big one it says violet starter out put car side,   Green starter output key side but tedmond just mentioned the violet wire not the green one do I not worry about the green one and why???
William W Rabon
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2015 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
You don't need to use the green on IF you don't cut the starter wire. Cutting the starter wire provides a "STARTER KILL" to the vehicle. Cutting the starter wire, violet to car side of cut wire, Green to Key side of cut wire.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
freqsounds 
Copper - Posts: 289
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2015 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote freqsounds
The setup with the violet and green wires is for vehicles that do not have immobilizers or where the vehicle's immobilizer is permanently disabled. It causes the remote starter to control whether your car receives signal to engage the starter.
In your setup, the DBALL bypasses your immobilizer only during remote start. Your car's immobilizer is still fully intact and effectively does exactly what this green wire does. So this wire is not needed. Your car will do the starter cut-out from factory.
The violet wire is an output wire. When the remote start system engages, it sends +12V to the violet when it engages the starter.
The green wire is an input wire. It simply watches for +12V from turning the physical key. If the system is armed, it doesn't send the +12V over the violet wire. If disarmed, it will.
The chip in your key is what tells your car whether to turn the starter. Without the chip, your car will disable the starter. This is why it's not needed. The DBALL "simulates" having a key with the correct chip.
No question is stupid or not worth asking. You were once a noob, right? :)
w.w.rabon 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2015 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote w.w.rabon
Thank both of Yall for the info and the in depth explanations I really appreciate it.
William W Rabon
w.w.rabon 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2015 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote w.w.rabon
The lock output do I use the 3 pin harness green wire or the violet 24 pin # 12 wire I put a chart of my vehicle wiring on page 12
William W Rabon
w.w.rabon 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2015 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote w.w.rabon
sorry the diagram is on page 11 and where do I put the lock output wire on my car?
William W Rabon
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic