the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

5704 Python dball2, 2003 Camry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2015 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Freqsounds may be right. I did a 2004 Camry, 4 cyl and did not need an immobilizer.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2015 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
well i just thought of something. Most 2011 switched to G keys. If thats the case,you have the wrong wiring AND the wrong firmware flashed.
take a look at your master key. Towards the head of the key, a small DOT or letter G will be stamped on the metal. If it says G, you need the TL5 firmware. Also the wires will be at the ODB, rather than the key cylinder.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2015 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
Looks like the thread was highjacked by W.W, so lots of confusion going on. if you have an immobilizer, the connector is either a 5 or 7 pin connector. Depending on model, its at the ignition OR lower down the steering column.
Possible that it doesn't have one at all. Make all RS connections and attempt to start it.
Ted
Compustar Expert
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2015 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
W.W. started his part of this thread on page 11
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
freqsounds 
Copper - Posts: 289
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2015 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote freqsounds
This is why we start new threads no matter how much it's related to someone else's situation. 5704 Python dball2, 2003 Camry - Page 3 -- posted image.
No question is stupid or not worth asking. You were once a noob, right? :)
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2015 at 3:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
5704 Python dball2, 2003 Camry - Page 3 -- posted image.
w.w.rabon 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2015 at 7:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote w.w.rabon
Just trying to start a new thread apparently I had hijacked another's.
William W Rabon
w.w.rabon 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2015 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote w.w.rabon
sorry didn't realize you're suppose to start a new thread this is the first time I've ever used one of theses things. I just saw I had a 5704 and a dball though that as long as I was on topic I could post. Just imitating what I saw. But I tried to start a new thread and will continue my replies here. https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=138708
William W Rabon
w.w.rabon 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2015 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote w.w.rabon
yes I think you're right that wire harness only have two wires yeah if it is there I think the harness has 6 or 7 pins pin 4 or 5 is what I need. no my car alarm wont start when I try I beeps 7 times from what I researched I have it in manual and need to switch it to automatic I do this by ignition on then off hold command button until it beeps three times release press again and hold then press unlock on remote it will beep 2x ignition on then off again. I try to do this but when I press the command/valet button it doesn't do any thing no beep no light
William W Rabon
tedmond 
Posted: March 23, 2015 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
you can't access programming without a door trigger connected. Temporarily ground the neg door trigger input, then proceed with programming.
Ted
Compustar Expert
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic