the12volt.com spacer
icon

VW Polo 2005 alarm wiring info

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chassis 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2015 at 5:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chassis
Good day.does anyone have the alarm wiring info on this car.can't find it anywhere on the net.Howie what is this vehicle called in the UK?VW Polo 2005 alarm wiring info -- posted image.
Do it once,do it right - This means no short cuts. You never get paid twice for having to do the job twice because it wasn't done right the first time.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2015 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
From memory:-
12V+ Red Body control under dash, driver side, look up and slide out for access.
Ign. Black steering column. Secondary at body control for ign. sense.
Starter, RED / black same position
Earth/Ground adjacent grounding point, 10mm bolt, brown wire on steering column. Top cowl pulls off.
Hatch trigger BROWN / black body control.
Hood trigger BROWN / red at above OR loom suspension top right hand side BLACK/ green, don't confuse it with same colour right hand indicator wire in same loom.
Door triggers, either two or 4 at body control, can't remember the colours so test.
Use a test light, clip to 12V+ probe end to each wire, light will go out as soon as door is shut.
Problem:- Look at DEI 1076 diagram on this site you need to block diode as well as diode separate the door lights. Alternative, go to switched ground at dome(courtesy ) light will go to earth and stay NEG for 1 min after door shut or until vehicle is locked.
Indicators, left = BLACK/ white, right = BLACK/ green at body control.
Lock unlock, thin blue/white in fabric loom at top of driver kick panel going into door.
NEG to lock, NEG to unlock via a 1k ohm resistor. NOTE:- If you have internal relay control of locks, i.e. 5 or 6 wires then do as above. If only 2 you'll need a relay on the unlock (resistor) wire to overcome the resistor (2 wire outputs don't have the current capacity). Extending lock time will bring up the windows (comfort or total close). If that doesn't work you have to go into the driver's door and find the same colour wire.
Above is also known as 1 (or single) wire multiplex.
Remember to test everything before hand.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2015 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Notes if 1K ohm resistor fails, try 180 ohm, it varied.
Also Directechs says BROWN / grey for hatch.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2015 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Look at this:-
vw_polo_03_on..png
To test lock/unlock, ground the wire (with the door's rear latch pulled over, this will lock the vehicle.
Then, ground same wire via 180 ohm. This should unlock, if not try a 1 K ohm.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2015 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chassis
Thanks a lot Howie!just something I would like to know,the resistors do it have to be exactly 1K or 180K resistors.and what could happen if the resistor was not on the unlock wire,just for my own interest.yes I do have on board relays 6wires,so that's also a bonus for me.
Do it once,do it right - This means no short cuts. You never get paid twice for having to do the job twice because it wasn't done right the first time.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2015 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
20% error but those are standard values, any electronics store/TV repair will have them, 1/4 watt.
If not on unlock wire it won't unlock.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2015 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chassis
I have both resistors and I will use it. so its not that the module can get damaged due to using no resistors for unlock?don't wory I will use it,I always just like to know the other side.thanks again.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2015 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
No, no damage, it just won't unlock.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2015 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chassis
Do you perhaps know the the park wire color?my alarm has a park output wire instead of indicators.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2015 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Grey etc. look and test at the light switch....BUT if POS output use 2 X 1N5404 diodes, band away from alarm,....again but single light output says piece of rubbish alarm!
Quicker and easier to diode to existing indicators than remove the lighting switch.
Doing the p/lights is cheating and frankly not acceptable.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic