the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 4105V Window

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikethegoalie 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2015 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikethegoalie
Hi Everyone.
I installed some AMP Research PowerSteps this weekend on my 2014 Ram 2500. I have a Viper 4105V remote start and have window mods added.
The windows go up when I lock/arm the truck. I tried to roll down the windows and it would not do so. I believe since I was up under the dash and unplugging the body control Harnesses, I may have disturbed a connection. I don't see anything that looks obvious.
Wondering if someone can point me in the right direction.
With the 4105V - what color wire am I looking for that would trigger the window module to activate? Is there one for up and one for down!?
If you could say, the blank wire with the blank line is the output for it, I could start with that wire and trace it from there.
Best Buy did the install, so I could just take it to them, but to save me and them some time, I am sure it's something I can repair here.
Thanks for any input you may have.
-Mike
mikethegoalie 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2015 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikethegoalie
here is the owners manual online
http://www.crutchfield.com.edgesuite.net/pix.crutchfield.com/Manuals/607/6074105V.PDF
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2015 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
By window mods do you mean something like a DEI 529/30/35?
mikethegoalie 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2015 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikethegoalie
howie ll wrote:
By window mods do you mean something like a DEI 529/30/35?
You are correct. I have the 535 at the front doors and the 529s at the rear doors of my truck.
Like I said, all 4 go up.. but nothing happens when I select the AUX on my remote.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2015 at 1:55 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
OK, are they wired directly to the motor wires?
GWA Orange H1 to close, any aux to vent on the 535.
mikethegoalie 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2015 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikethegoalie
howie ll wrote:
OK, are they wired directly to the motor wires?
GWA Orange H1 to close, any aux to vent on the 535.
I believe they are since the guy who installed the alarm had to run new wires cause my trucks computer monitored something in the windows and couldn't get the switch or alarm to work, could get only one or the other.
I see on the 535T the H1 harness, can't locate a orange wire.
What I was hoping to find was a trigger wire for the window down function?
What tells the 535T to roll the windows down?
I used a test light on an orange wire on the H2 harness, and as expected, windows started to go up when making that connection.
Wondering if the aux wire is what is used to make them go down?
Like I said, what triggers it to roll down..
Thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2015 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Go to Viper.com support, and download the diagrams, top of my head, orange on alarm to orange on 535T. Aux on alarm to RED / white on 535T.
You really need to go back to the installer to sort this out.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2015 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
If Viper.com doesn't help and you don't have the 535t install diagram, PM me with your email address and I'll forward it to you.
geeksquadder 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2015 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geeksquadder
Hey man how do you have the remote start programmed and wired to those modules? what do you have the AUX programmed to send to those modules?
to my knowledge if you have the aux the way it is out of the box its just sending a single pulse to the modules hence why they roll up and nothing else, are you trying to get them to roll up and down or just up and stay there?
because the signal your sending it is going to depend on how the circuit and modules react
or is the issue that the windows no longer function with the switch?
geeksquadder 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2015 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geeksquadder
and I agree with Howie, if you didn't perform this install or you haven't had much experience with this you really should go back to the installer to have it sorted out, it can cause real issues for your vehicle if you mess something up and believe me its not fun
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic