icon

Monster vs. Fostgate

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
showdwar 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2003 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  
I currently have a monster rca running from the deck to my sub amp.  I am installing another amp for the interior speakers.  I bought some fosgate rca's....any comments.  Is there a better one or are they basically the same?
There's nothin' like good music played on a good system!
Sebastian018 
Silver - Posts: 364
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2003 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
Basically the same.. Quality
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2003 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged  
If you had 10 different brands of interconnects in your car you would not be able to hear a difference between any of them. So other than their looks you won’t be able to tell
trdgts 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2003 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  
i always hear this argument, and i believe it...but if it is true, why are there so many different models put out by monster...theres like the 201xln 301xln 401xln microxln etc. if there is no difference why do they bother making them?
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2003 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
monster might make the fosgate or some one else for that matter. just cause it has the fosgate name or monster or any one of the others does not mean they are the ones who manufactured them. they fosgate and monster are both very good so go with the best price.
Big Dave
bberman1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2003 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  

I'm not saying that there is not a difference but I’m saying you will never hear a difference. The company’s design a new supper duper cable that theoretically has an improvement over their last years top of the line model, but the only benefit is it will get a better number in a test lab somewhere. In an actual real world application there will most likely be no benefits to using the new supper duper cable over their older model cable. Now why do they do this for marketing and money. If people hear they have a new cable out better than the last years  model ,they will buy it because they want better sound or have to have the best of the best. But in reality they will not hear a differences between the two, well maybe in there heads they will. But once you get a good $20 or$30 interconnects you will not be able to hear a difference between that and a $200 or $300 cable.  And yes it is true I do see may companies that have the same cable with different names on them and a huge difference in price.  

showdwar 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2003 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the input guys....again, I really don't see how one company can be better.  Same technology is out there for everyone.
There's nothin' like good music played on a good system!
teezer 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2003 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  

bberman1 wrote:
If you had 10 different brands of interconnects in your car you would not be able to hear a difference between any of them. So other than their looks you won’t be able to tell

Not true, monster has very goodrca's and so does fosgate, but if you throw any piece of crap in there it will sound like it. Period. there is a diffeerence in SQ when you use low end cables, look for twisted rca's, they reduce noise way better than non-twisted cables do.

Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2003 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
lol bberman, it is amazing how psycho-acoustics work...
if you put a 300 dollar set of RCAs into your car after rolling with your 30 dollar set, you WANT to hear that difference, or you will think you just wasted ur money...and for listening purposes, you have just done that...
but as far as your ears are actually concerned, you will not hear a difference in any of the decent brand name RCAs...the only ones you may hear a difference in is non-twisted non-insulated generic Radio Shack RCAs if your car has alot of electrical noise interference in it...
bberman1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2003 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
Teezer you are correct, and I was not very specific when I said 10 different pairs of interconnects. I should have said 10 good quality interconnects. And yes you will hear a difference between a Radio shack $1 interconnect, and a good $20 or $30  twisted and shielded cable. But beyond that good $20 or $30 interconnect your not going to hear a difference no matter how much you pay.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic