the12volt.com spacer
icon

1933 Ford Hot Rod Audio install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
upstateny 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2015 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote upstateny
Hi, first timer here that doesn't know much about car audio :(.
I'm going to install 4 JL Audio Evolution C2 6.5 100w Coaxial speakers, 1 JL 8w3 300 watt Vented enclosure MicroSub™ slot-ported enclosure , a JLA-XD700/5 700 watt amp and a Kenwood KEN-KMMBT312U USB / Bluetooth receiver.
The 1993 Ford is a 2 seater coupe. One foot behind the 2 seats is a "firewall" the full width of the car (essentially 1/2 inch thick wood covered with leather). The 4 speakers will be installed on that rear firewall pointed forward towards the 2 seats and into the car's cabin. Behind that rear firewall, there is a 10" deep open space, then there is another firewall, and behind that firewall is the car's trunk.
So I have a nice 10" deep by 3 feet high, by 4' feet wide "hidden space" in which to install the amp and JL sub-woofer. Also, between the trunk and that hidden space I have an 4' wide 10" H hinged access door so I can access the amp and sub woofer from the trunk. The car's battery is also located in that hidden space.
Due to aesthetics, I do not want to install any speakers in the doors or kick panels of this car. I realize I may suffer some audio goodness as a result of this decision.
My questions are simple: a local stereo shop recommended that the single sub-woofer be installed in that hidden space. I assume the 300 Watt woofer would point forward towards the cabin of the car ?
Also, give that the sub-woofer will be installed behind the car seats in my hidden space, will the bass sounds be able to penetrate the 1/2 wood firewall ?
Thank you all in advance for any ideas/comments you have.
Joe
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2015 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote DYohn
While I can't say if the gear you have chosen is the best option, the installation location sounds ideal for a subwoofer.
Support the12volt.com
upstateny 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2015 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote upstateny
Ok, I feel "ok" with the equipment selection as it's a small car and it'll have plenty of volume. Thank you very much.
Joe

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic