the12volt.com spacer
icon

01 suburban, aftermarket radio, factory amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
smokeshow 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2015 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeshow
Here are the wires that I have. There's 2 orange, a bunch of green and black.
01 suburban, aftermarket radio, factory amp - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
And this is the connector
01 suburban, aftermarket radio, factory amp - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
smokeshow 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2015 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeshow
That harness as cut off and then reconnected by the previous owner. Not sure if he even got all of the wires in the correct spot
smokeshow 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2015 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeshow
I got an adapter harness last night. still isnt working. the OEM harness is 2 parts. On the left is the OEM harness pinout and the right is the new adapter. also, None of the wires see 12V with the ignition on. I removed the lower dash and glovebox and I do have the amp. little silver box with 2 electrical connectors.
OEM:  New harness:
Black Connector:
1: Dark Green-----------------white W/ black stripe
2: Tan------------------------White
3: Light green----------------Gray W/ black stripe
4: Light Green----------------Gray
5: Black----------------------Black
6: Brown----------------------Orange
7: Gray-----------------------Empty
8: Orange---------------------Blue
9: Dark Green-----------------Red
10: Orange--Constant 12V-------Yellow
White Connector:
11: Purple---------------------Empty
12: Empty----------------------Empty
13: Empty----------------------Empty
14: Empty----------------------Empty
15: Green----------------------Empty
16: Green W/ White Stripe------Empty
17: Black----------------------Purple W/ Black stripe
18: Blue-----------------------Perple
19: Brown----------------------Green W/ Black stripe
20: Brown----------------------Green
smokeshow 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2015 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeshow
I found the correct wiring diagram for the suburban. The acc on is the dark green wire between the two orange wires. The previous owner cut the harness and got the wires mixed up. Swapped them and now the unit power on and the speakers and sub work. Still have to swap some wires. The drivers rear and the passenger front don't work. But at least I have sound now. Thanks for the help
te5la 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2015 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote te5la
The plug colors don't look like original wires to me. Standard GM colors should be tan+ & gray- and light green+ & dark green- for front speakers, brown+ & yellow- and dark blue+ & light blue- for rears.
smokeshow 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2015 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeshow
The colors match the wiring diagram I found.
smokeshow 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2016 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeshow
UPDATE:
I got the wiring figured out awhile ago. The previous owner did a horrible job on the radio. he connected wrong wires together. the passenger door speaker was blown as well as the sub. Since then I have installed the Pioneer Avic 850BT from my Equinox. It required a good deal of modification to got it in there. I used the radio bucket from a 04 suburban and a dash bezel from a 03 Silverado. It needs to be cleaned up a bit.
I replaced the door speakers with some cheap Boss audio speakers for now. I'll be looking for a replacement sub, better door speakers and an aftermarket amp to run everything soon. Thanks for the help.
smokeshow 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2016 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeshow
Also, When I turn the engine off the sound stops. I found that it has something to do with the AC blower motor. when its on the sound stops and the headlights turn off. If I switch it off the sounds come back on and the lights turn back on. Not sure where the problem would be for that.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic