the12volt.com spacer
icon

Remote Starter, 2003 Honda CR-V

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jass4752 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2015 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jass4752
Hello I have prestige 1 way remote starter (Model APS622E) installed on my Honda crv 2003 automatic. remote starter was working fine from past 3-4 years but now suddenly its been malfunctioning.
like when I press the start button to start the car, it starts but it turns off after 2-3 seconds and then restarts and shuts off again. I think it does that 3 times and after that it just shuts off and does not restart again until I press the remote starter again.
Locks are working fine with the remote.
I searched and found out that it could be a tach problem so
I checked the tach wire, its connection is fine.
I did the tach learn fallowing the manual.
To learn tach:
1. Turn the ignition key to the On position.
2. Press and release the valet/program push button switch 3 times.
3. Immediately turn the ignition key Off.
4. Press and hold the valet/program push button switch, then start the vehicle using
the key.
5. When the unit senses the tach signal, the parking lights will begin to flash.
6. Wait for at least 5 flashes
7. Release the valet/program switch. The parking lights come on for three seconds
to indicate that the learned tachometer signal is stored and the unit is out of the
tachometer learn mode.
NOTE: If the unit fails to learn tach rate due to an improper tachometer connection or
a poor tach source, the parking lights will not flash. To correct this situation,
locate and connect the GREEN/ Orange wire (12 pin harness) to the proper tach signal, and then
repeat the tach learn routine.
I did all that and successfully received 5 flashes (#6) and 3 second flash (#7). but still remote starter is doing the samething.
is there anything else I can do?
how can I diagnose whats wrong with the remote system?
Thank you
Jass
triniforever 
Copper - Posts: 323
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2015 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote triniforever
If your car has a transponder bypass it may well be it has failed or went bad ,stick the key in the ignition without turning it and try to remote start the vehicle ,if it starts its the bypass .
triniforever
jass4752 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2015 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jass4752
triniforever wrote:
If your car has a transponder bypass it may well be it has failed or went bad ,stick the key in the ignition without turning it and try to remote start the vehicle ,if it starts its the bypass .
Hello
I tried this today, I stick the key in the ignition without turning it and pressed the start button on remote to start the car. but same thing happened, car started and turned off after 3 seconds.
is there anything else that I can try?
Thank you
Jass
aguilarpro 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2015 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aguilarpro
Since your car starts; it means the bypass is working as intended. Make sure you do the tach learn the correct way. Did you correct the setting during bypass flashing? Do you receive any parking light flashes after the three failed attempts to keep the car running?
Honda Accord 2008 EX-L 2.4 S
jass4752 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2015 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jass4752
aguilarpro wrote:
Since your car starts; it means the bypass is working as intended. Make sure you do the tach learn the correct way. Did you correct the setting during bypass flashing? Do you receive any parking light flashes after the three failed attempts to keep the car running?
Hello
So far I just did the tach learn and I did hear 5 sounds (chirps/clicks) from my dashboard when I was at Step #6 and after hearing 5 dashboard sounds, I did the step #7 and there was 1 dashboard sound again + dashboard lights(speedometer and other meters) and these lights stayed on for about 3 seconds and then turned off.
I Did not paid attention to the outside parking lights.
I will try the tach again tonight and will look for flashing of parking lights after 3 failed attempts.
and how do you correct the setting during bypass flashing?
I don't know how to do that
Jass
jass4752 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2015 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jass4752
ok so retried the tach learn and I did everything properly
I received the 5 parking light flashes at step #6 and 3 second parking light standby at step #7. but no change. car still shuts off after 3 seconds.
and I also monitored 3 failure attempts after pressing the remote starter. when the car shuts off after first and 2nd attempt, there is 1 parking light flash. but no parking light flash after the 3rd attempt. car just totally shuts off after the 3rd attempt without any dashboard noise or parking flash.
jass4752 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2015 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jass4752
triniforever wrote:
Ok so car still shuts off if i put the key in and leave it at off position. But if i turn the key to ON position, like at 2nd stop just before starting the car, and press the start button feom the remote, the car starts and stays running. So that means bypass problem?
aguilarpro 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2019 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aguilarpro
jass4752 wrote:
triniforever wrote:
Ok so car still shuts off if i put the key in and leave it at off position. But if i turn the key to ON position, like at 2nd stop just before starting the car, and press the start button feom the remote, the car starts and stays running. So that means bypass problem?
It appears I never replied to this but you may be missing the Ignition wire signal or accessory, did you get around it to work? I did not tick the "email notify me of replies" and I never got a notification of your replies, sorry for this.
aguilarpro 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2019 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aguilarpro
Try disconnecting your bypass and plug back in. I have had those Dball 2 that tend to fail this way, the symptoms would be "accessory lights" activate but the car itself would not start/crank. In your case, it appears that it cranks, starts and shuts off which could be due to other loose connections, especially if the installer used T-taps.
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2019 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
If you turn key on but use the remote starter to actually engage the starter does it then shut down if you turn the key back off or does it remain running?
If it shuts down then I’d check the 2 accessory wires to make sure they are connected properly and getting power from the remote start brain during remote start. One of them may be providing power to the fuel pump and without it the car is starting but then shutting down because the fuel pump isn’t enabled.
If it does remain running after turning key off under remote start then it may be the bypass as previously stated.
Steve G
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic