the12volt.com spacer
icon

rear defrogger 2006 forester

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lgammel 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2015 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lgammel
Hello and WOW what a great place I stumbled into..
My name is LOnny and I am in p.G. B.C. Can. and drive a 2006 forester (Subaru)
I just recently installed a Avital 4103XL and it works great but I did not hook up the rear defrost until I did a little more research
and that is what led me here .
So far i know it is a neg pulsed system and have programmed the unit for that but now to find the correct wire to connect to ???
rear defrogger 2006 forester -- posted image.
I read schematics a little but I can't figure this out . Please Help its getting cold and snowing here..
SIXER
lgammel 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2015 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lgammel
PLease heelp me!
bs1d3 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2015 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bs1d3
Rear defrost is going to be the blue wire, use the blue/white 2nd status/rear defogger output on the avital, program to latch rear defogger
lgammel 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2015 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lgammel
Thanks, and are you sure it is latched? I was told it was a neg.
pulse signal.. Where is the easiest place to get to the blue wire ? the center console is a super bitch to get behind.
Thanks
Sixer
bs1d3 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2015 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bs1d3
I got the info from Directechs, but I was using the US version, my fault.
For Canada it says blue (-) pulsed, at blue plug to left of the steering column.
lgammel 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2015 at 2:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lgammel
bs1d3;Once again thanks , I hate working outside in negative degree weather so the more info I get the less time I have to spend outside.
I will have a look tomorrow and check back ..
I am glad I found this site , I believe I will get a lot of use and contribute a lot...
Sixer
lgammel 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2015 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lgammel
Well I got it to work, bs1d3 you were correct in your first post that I had to program it to latched, everything seems to work good now, I will not know until tomorrow morning when everything is frosted up.
Again I thank you and the12VOLT.COM I will be back for sure...
bs1d3 if you read this what is the diffrence between USA and Can. versions
SIXER
2006 Subaru forester lifted,skid plates, dual batts,winch,inverter etc.
bs1d3 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2015 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bs1d3
I think it's just some legal shenanigans between the two sites as to why they are different, sometimes the US version has better pictures and different locations listed, sometimes the Canada version is better...I use both and just verify the information as I find it.
lgammel 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2015 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lgammel
Hey bs1d3 if you are ever in Prince George B.C. let me know and I'll buy you a beer or ten ,Thanks
lgammel 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2015 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lgammel
So I thought I had it But if I let my car sit over night it kills the battery and wont start. Any Ideas, everything seemed to work ok until I hooked up the rear defrogger.
Sixer
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic