the12volt.com spacer
icon

rear defrogger 2006 forester

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lgammel 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2015 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lgammel
So I switched it back to pulsed and it seems to work. On latched the defrost light came on and stayed on but on pulsed the light flashes and goes out. Not cold enough here to see if the frost is melting or not I'll keep checking in till it is good...
Sixer
2006 Subaru forester lifted,skid plates, dual batts,winch,inverter etc.
lgammel 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2015 at 3:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lgammel
Well I am still trying to figure this out, finally got cold enough
(-15c) to test it, I have tried pulsed,did not work light flashed when pulsed but did not defrost, tried latched light came on worked but had a dead battery in the morning??? The manual lists a third option
#1 NORMAL, does anyone know what this does????
I'll keep trying until it warms up ( may-june)
Thanks Guys (girls)
Sixer
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2015 at 6:08 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Setting the Blue/White 2nd Status wire programming to Normal makes it act like the Dark Blue (-) Status Output wire.  During a remote startup, it will come on a second or so before the ignition wires and stay on the entire engine run time. 
Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2015 at 6:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

The info I have is similar to bs1d3's post :

Rear Defrost    BLUE ((-) LATCHED)         @ INTEGRATED MODULE

The integrated module is the BIU (Body Integrated Unit) and is under the driver dash, to the left of the steering column.

It will be a thin Blue wire.  You can test for it with a DMM * while the engine is running by turning on and off the defroster
with the switch.  I haven't done a 2006 Forester defroster to be sure but controlled like this via the R/S system the Defrost
indicator light might not reflect the defroster's status.

* DMM set to 20V DC.  Red lead to +12V constant and Black lead to suspect Blue wire.  The DMM will show ~12V when

the defroster is ON and ~0V when OFF.

Soldering is fun!
lgammel 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2015 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lgammel
Hello Kreg357,
thanks for the update I have already found and hooked up to the small blue wire at the BIU, but found when set to latched my batt. drained overnight, maybe I have a diffrent drain somewhere. i have it off now but will reset it to latched and monitor it over night to see if there is a phantom drain somewhere else.
Thanks..
( I need A shop/garage,working outside in this weather is not for me)
lgammel 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2015 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lgammel
OK, got it to work finally,it was a programming error on my part,
kept programming it to pulse when I needed latched. As for the
battery drain, what I think happend was like a kid with a new toy I
remote started my car about twenty times in the driveway for fun
then the next morning it would not start DEAD BATT. Now I just
have to remember to leave the heater on:)
Thanks guys
sixer out....
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic