the12volt.com spacer
icon

2013 Forester Avital 4103 Keeps Running

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dman007 
Copper - Posts: 106
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2015 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dman007
Car: 2013 Subaru Forester, 4cyl,automatic,turn key ignition.
Remote Starter: Avital 4103
Bypass Module: Idatalink ADS-ALCA: Flashed ADS-AL(TB)-SUB-EN
2nd Module Flashed:ADS-AL(DL)-SUB-EN
Tach Sensing Mode, 12 Minute Runtime, Double Pulse Activation
Functioned perfectly fine for over 12 months. Including foot brake safety shutdowns. Recently the car will stay running even when key is removed, it only happens when the car is remote started. Activating remote starter again is only way to shut down vehicle.
Example: Remote start car, unlock doors, put key in and drive away. Arrive at destination, remove key and the car remains running. At this point brake shut down doesn't function. So I would need to get out of the car and activate the remote starter again to turn off the car.
I have never heard of this before, so I am hoping for some help. I tried to provide as much info as I could. Thanks for the help.
DTS Performance
St Petersburg, FL
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2015 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prdjr165
did you check the brake input connection to make sure its getting power when brake is pressed ?
dman007 
Copper - Posts: 106
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2015 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dman007
Yes, I can remote start the car get in and press the brake. The car will then shut down. But is it not the case when the car is still running after I have removed the key. Pressing the brake then will do nothing. And the only way to shut down the car is to activate the remote starter again.
DTS Performance
St Petersburg, FL

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic