the12volt.com spacer
icon

04 avalanche abs/brake light on after remote sta

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
89d16a6 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2015 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 89d16a6
So I put a remote start in a 04 avalanche today after getting it in the abs and parking brake light is on. The only thing I can think is when I taped into the brake there was 2 connectors with white wires in them. I seen the first one and tapped it. It was the wrong one. So I found the right one and it works fine now but the lights are on. Not sure where to go with it. Any ideas?
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2015 at 5:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prdjr165
just did a 2012 traverse and the same thing happened-the lights wen't off wen i drove the car around the block.
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2015 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote racerjames76

89d16a6, Did you power all ignitions and accessories? Should be 2 of each. Duplicate what the key does and there won't be any problems. I will say these trucks are also sensitive to the timing of keysense, accessory, ignition, accessory off, starter, accessory back on.

Some remote starts turn everything on at the same time.

To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2015 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote racerjames76
prdjr165, please post your issue in another thread so this one doesn't get confusing! 04 avalanche abs/brake light on after remote sta - Last Post -- posted image.
The 2 vehicles listed here are completely different animals, and only share a bowtie between them. 04 avalanche abs/brake light on after remote sta - Last Post -- posted image.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
89d16a6 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2015 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 89d16a6
The lights are coming on with the key and remote start and I don't think I missed a acc. Or ignition wire.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 639
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2015 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
ABS and BRAKE lights on at the same time in a GM are usually being triggered by the ABS module. Watch the lights on a key-start. Be sure the park brake is off. Turn key on, both lights should bulb-test, then go out. If ABS and BRAKE come back on and stay on, or just stay on, it's the ABS commanding them on. If its easy to access, try unplugging the ABS module and see if the lights go out.
There are ABS system DTC's for the BRAKE and ABS lights. And some ABS DTC's turn on both of the lights. You probably set a code with the "wrong wire" thing. Get hold of a scanner, check the codes, and clear them. With an 04, you need a scanner. There's no other way to access the codes or clear them.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic