the12volt.com spacer
icon

PKE 2102t interface with 5x10 2013 Nissan Juke

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aykfc 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2015 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aykfc
I have been having a hell of a time trying to finish up my install of a PKE. I originally had a dball2 installed on a 2013 Nissan juke SE with a T-Harness. Worked great and had little issues. I have push to start and the car is RSR. I added a smartstart module as well and that interfaced with the existing dball2 and 3x start perfectly. I tried adding a Passive keyless entry 2102t module to the setup and I could not get it to work. I put the project on hold and recently I decided to upgrade to the 5x10 remote start/alarm. I got a new T-harness for it and installed it and the Smartstart with little problems. Only issue when changing remote starters on the smartstart was having to ground the white wire on the smartstart instead of the grey and power it on. Wait for the orange light to stop flashing then power off, remove the white wire and put back the grey wire on ground. Could not find that info anywhere on the internet so hopefully someone finds that useful. Back to the main issue, I connected the PKE to the D2D port on both systems and it powers on and I can pair the remote however the doors do not lock or unlock. I see the red light on the unit flash once for lock and twice for unlock so I see it's getting signal. I did try directly wiring the lock and unlock into the BCM 40 pin harness, which did work however it will not disable the security system on the 5x10. Ideally, the 5x10 will be able to receive the lock/unlock commands from the PKE. I looked all through the manuals (I posted links to the PDF's below) and I hooked up the Door sense directly to vehicle as it didn't seem to work either when connected to the 18-pin harness. I have an xkloader2 and tried looking at 5x10 settings but did not see anything for the PKE or pairing that system with it. I did note that you only need the 12v red, ground black, and Blue Rx cables in the D2D so I cut the Tx Green. It's wired up between the smartstart and 5x10 although I did try it by bypassing smartstart and that did not work either. Any suggestions you can provide would be greatly appreciated. If you need any other information please let me know. I tried to get all the info that is needed. I am trying not to half-ass this install and get it done properly. Everything else is perfect so far.
Matt
Install guide for 4/5x10 for 2013 Nissan
http://www.xpresskit.com/DocumentDownload.aspx?documentid=10002&productid=553&firmwareid=11791
PKE install guide
http://www.xpresskit.com/DocumentDownload.aspx?documentid=7294&productid=483&firmwareid=0
aykfc 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2015 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aykfc
Well I believe I solved it. The instructions call for cutting the green wire in the D2D harness. The Green is the Tx and the Blue is the Rx. I had just the three wires before as the instructions say and it never worked. I was quite irritated at this point of trying anything I could think of and figured I'd try hooking up the green Rx wire and power up the 5x10 and PKE and it worked. The Rx sends the signal to the 5x10 which in turn can lock/unlock the car. Am I missing something here? Or was it a mistake in the manual. Should I disconnect the blue wire or just leave the four wire harness intact.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic