the12volt.com spacer
icon

Avital 4103 single lock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jameselantra 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2015 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
Ok so I installed a DBALL2 and Avital 4103LX in my car.
All works good.
However when I hit lock on the avital the first time its good, if i hit lock again lights flash but locks dont try to lock. I must hit unlock first then lock will work.
I dont like this because lets say I hit lock on the remote then unlock with OEM remote or by hand when I hit lock on the avital to lock again the unit assumes its locked.
This can result in accidentally not locking the car.
I emailed avital because Im not sure if my unit is defective (maybe a stuck relay that unsticks when I hit unlock?)
Directed replied to my e-mail saying this is normal behavior. However I dont think this is true because I e-mailed them two questions one they answered wrong and this answer i think is wrong as well.
Has anyone else here got a 4103? And does lock behave like this for you as well?
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2015 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
I've installed tons of them. They all act that way.
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
pentavolvo 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2015 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pentavolvo
Normal behavior
jameselantra 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2015 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
Hmmm ok its good that mine is not defective. But its not good that I can accidentally not lock.
Can someone suggest a Avital or Viper or Clifford that is very similar to this model but that would allow re lock?
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2015 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
Don't carry the OEM FOB. Then you can't "accidentally" unlock the car with it.
I believe the successive presses of LOCK have to be within a few seconds of each other. Are you really likely to lock the car with the Avital, unlock it with the OEM, then re-lock it with the Avital within like 15 seconds? Think about it. It's a non-issue.
jameselantra 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2015 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
davep. wrote:
Don't carry the OEM FOB. Then you can't "accidentally" unlock the car with it.
I believe the successive presses of LOCK have to be within a few seconds of each other. Are you really likely to lock the car with the Avital, unlock it with the OEM, then re-lock it with the Avital within like 15 seconds? Think about it. It's a non-issue.
i just dont like the short coming and for myself am willing to buy a replacement unit that does what i want.
personal preference.
and this is my issue, i dont want the oem fob with me but have been in the situation where i had to unlock before lock and for myself on my car im not happy with that.
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2015 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
I always thought it was a good idea. If the doors are locked, why would the unit send another pulse? Saves wear and tear on your actuators.
jameselantra 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2015 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
I think its a horrible idea, matter of opinion I guess.
I want the ability to lock without hittiing unlock first when this action occurs.
Not a big issue but I dont like it. I also dont like how there is no driver priority unlock on this model my bad though I assumed everything built this decade would have that.
jameselantra 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2015 at 6:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
So no one knows a RS with Keyless I can use with my DBALL2 that doesnt have this single lock?
I plan to try out a Viper 4606V that I hear is ok with locking after locking but I would like to be sure before buying another RS and ripping out my clean install.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2015 at 6:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
Give dei a call and ask them
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic