the12volt.com spacer
icon

RAV 4 Limited, 2008

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bobm301 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2015 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bobm301
Hi all, first remote start install. CODE Alarm 4554 and FlashLogic FLCAN. I intend to use the Data Mode cable. My initial questions pertain to 3 circuits referenced in the FlashLogic type 1 diagram. 1) E-brake status is shown to be required but I see no provision for it in the Code alarm R/S ? 2) Pink ignition wire is shown between F-Logic and the R/S. I already have ign.1 and 2 wires from the r/s main harness to the ignition switch. Do I need to tap the pink F-Logic wire to one of those ? 3) The diagram shows ORANGE / black ( hood ) to ground, from the F-Logic, if no factory hood pin, which I don't think it has.The diagram does not show an add on hood pin input required to the r/s. That doesn't make sense to me. Thanks Greatly, BobM
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2015 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

1.  E-Brake    This connection is typically used with manual transmission vehicles.  Your RAV4 has an automatic trans, so

verify that it can't be started in gear.   Then just omit this connection.

2.  FLCAN Pink Ignition Input wire.   Yes, connect this wire to the CA 4554 thick IGN1 wire, which still goes to the RAV4's

IGN1 wire.

3.  If your RAV4 has the Factory Alarm, test for the hood pin by closing all the doors and setting the Factory Alarm ( hit

lock on the factory remote twice ).  Wait a minute, then pop the hood.  Horn beeping?  If yes, the FLCAN will supply
      the hood pin signal.  If no, ground that FLCAN wire and install the R/S kit supplied hood pin with a hardwire connection
      to the CA 4554.

Soldering is fun!
bobm301 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2015 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bobm301
Wow ! Thank you so much for the quick and easy to understand answers.
BobM
bobm301 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2015 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bobm301
I have done the install but can achieve operation only in tachless mode. I've read that this isn't always reliable.
I did not install a tach wire to the r/s unit because the FlashLogic diagram doesn't show it as required in data mode. I did install the CAN H and L leads from the OBD connector.
The Code Alarm tach programming instructions are as follows: Key on,press valet/override 3x,key off,hold button and start car with key,when park lights flash and idle settles, release button. I tried several times but never got the park lights flash.
Thoughts ?
Thanks Again !
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2015 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dasbogie
Although I do not use code alarm pieces, I have been burned by data tach. In those ravs, pin 9 at obd2 connector is often a reliable tach source. I believe it is a gray wire. I usually just run my r/s tach wire there and it programs real good.
Advanced

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic