the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5806V to Camry 1999

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikecarstarter 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2016 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikecarstarter
Hi,
I just received Viper 5806V to camry 1999. I read lots of forum and labeled all wires that i need to use. But I am not sure where to attach free green wire from shock sensor.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2016 at 2:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
You don't. Loop end at sensor. Only used if you're joining in another sensor.
mikecarstarter 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2016 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikecarstarter
I just connected following wire. Can anyone please check and help me out with that.
LOCATION     Remote starter (5806V) Wire
12 VOLT CONSTANT (WHITE) Ignition 2 (RED / White)  Red (Ignition input 1) and Accessory input (RED / Black)
STARTER RED (+) Cut and joined Violet to car side and green towards key side
IGNITION 1 (BLACK / YELLOW) (+)      Pink (Ignition 1 input/output)
IGNITION 2 (BLACK/ RED) (+) (1 of 2 use) Pink White (Ignition output 2) . Not sure if I need to connect both BLACK/ red wire to starter wire????
ACCESSORY (BLUE/RED) (+)     Orange (accessory output )
KEYSENSE (BLUE/BLACK) (-) There are two two pin connector which has blue/ black wire. Which one should I use??
PARKING LIGHTS (GREEN) (-)     Connected to H1/5 but not working. Parking lights tested using milimeter and showed voltage before installation. But using remote, not working during door lock and unlock.
POWER LOCK (DARK BLUE/WHITE)    Connected to Green (3 pin connector)and working using remote
POWER UNLOCK (DARK BLUE) (TYPE B), Connected to blue (3 pin connector) and working using remote
DOOR TRIGGER (RED / WHITE) (-)      Not connected. Do i need connect it to use remote start?
TACH (the BLACK wire is in a GRAY CONNECTOR located on the COIL, drivers side of the engine) Cannot found.
Can anyone tell me under which pin it is located??
BRAKE      GREEN / WHITE (+)        Brown (24 pin connector)    
Do i need to attach bypass module. I am using Toyota key which doesn't have any kind of chips. It has Anti Theft system in car.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2016 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Here's the Tach wire on a 4 cylinder engine ( from ReadyRemote ) :

Viper 5806V to Camry 1999 -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2016 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Re : Parking Lights  -   make sure the Viper Parking Light polarity jumper/fuse is in the (-) position.
Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Posted: January 03, 2016 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Re BLACK/ Red Ignition2 wires :  Here is what Bulldog Security says :

IGNITION 2 BLACK/ RED (+) (1of 2, use either)

@ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

I believe they are going / joined to the same ignition connector pin.
Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Posted: January 03, 2016 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Re Keysense :   Put a Digital Multi Meter on it.  DMM set up :  DMM set to 20V DC.  Red test lead to +12V constant.  Black test lead to suspect Blue/Black Keysense wire.  When you put the key into the ignition switch cylinder the DMM will read ~ +12V.
Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Posted: January 03, 2016 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
If you can start the engine with a plain metal hardware store copy - then no transponder based security system and no need for a bypass module.  If you only have factory keys, then completely wrap the keyhead area with 4 or 5 layers of aluminum foil and try to start the engine.
Soldering is fun!
mikecarstarter 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2016 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikecarstarter
I joined all the wires. But I dont know what happen. The car didnt even crank. Initially it was not even starting with key. Then after troubleshooting, i found that if I remove 2 pin connector of Viper alarm system for door unlock/lock, then it is started. So i have to remove this pin for running by car for work commute.
Any suggestion what I did wrong?
Thanks.
mikecarstarter 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2016 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikecarstarter
I dont not what happen while i testing all wires, tach wire (black) spark little with light check meter, it doesnt show any voltage, with cranking, then i check my car with key, car crank but wont start. Is it battery problem?
Please any help would be really appreciated.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic