the12volt.com spacer
icon

2011 Kia Sorento Door Locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scprez 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2016 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote scprez
So ya i have found the Kia Sorento wiring diagram and the lock and unlock wires are not located there. is there anyone that can help me out and finding the lock and unlock wires or will a module like a dball2 with a viper 4105v solve this issue. the remote start works without and type of bypass but i cant seem to get the locks to work.
thanks for any help. im at a loss. looks like i have been out of the remote start game for too long
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2016 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
POWER LOCK     BLUE/BLACK (TYPE B)     @ DASH FUSE BOX, (WHITE, 26-PIN PLUG(FK), PIN 4     
POWER UNLOCK     GRAY/BLACK (TYPE B), NOTE #7     @ DASH FUSE BOX, (WHITE, 26-PIN PLUG(FK), PIN 24
use the YELLOW/BLACK (-), at the DASH FUSE
BOX, (REAR WHITE, (16-PIN PLUG(MM), PIN 2
I've done a ton of these trucks you will need to split the unlock wire using a diode one goes to the gray/black, other goes to the yellow/black
The yellow/black will test as a ground pulse when the key is turned in the driver's door twice.
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
scprez 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2016 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote scprez
so i have to use the key in the door for it to test. and i swear there isnt any blue black or grey black wires in the plug...... and the plug you are referring to is in the back of the fuse box correct?
and can i just connect the blue/blk and gry/blk and unlock all the doors or do i need to use the ylw/blk as well. sry if i sound like a rookie. i havent done an install in a few years
chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2016 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
Check out the pictoral section on the forum. I did a 2012 which is the same truck.
scprez 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2016 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote scprez
ok i will im going at it again on saturday. hopefully get this thing done. i also have to hook up the horn but i dont think that will be too bad. i wasnt worried about that just worried about getting the rest of it done. ill post on here again if i can get it. thank you for the help
scprez 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2016 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote scprez
ahhhhh so the plug is in the front of the fuse box next to the red connector. got it now. i was looking at the back of the fuse box.
scprez 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2016 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote scprez
ok so you r an f'ing god. thank you so much. it is done and the problem was i didnt even look at that harness twice when doing the locks. worked great. car is finished. and she is happy. thank you thank you thank you
chev104275 
Posted: January 18, 2016 at 6:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
No problem Glad it worked out

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic