the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2013 Mazda 3 Smart key

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ricardoboston 
Copper - Posts: 268
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2016 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ricardoboston
Hello. I have installed a Remote Starter Viper 4105V and a DBALL 2 on this car. The installation that i used was D2D and the problem i'm having is that the car sometimes starts perfectly on the first try but most of the time, only the dashboard turns on and the radio and it stays on for the remote starter running time (15 min). That is draining the battery, also it sometimes tries to start by itself and that works great, but when that doesn't happen, the dashboard stays on and the battery is drained. Since the DBALL 2 does the tach, should i have the remote starter programmed differently? I have tried checking the engine off and as well as the voltage. Should i run a wire from the engine tach wire to the remote starter? Or should I re-wire the installation w2w? Any input, ill appreciate it.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2016 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparkie
Hardwire the tach output wire from the DB-ALL2 (PURPLE / white) to the remote starter's tach input. Program the remote starter for new tach signal. Failing that, connect tach from remote starter to a tach source on the motor.
sparky
ricardoboston 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2016 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ricardoboston
Hi there, So do you think that just hard-wiring the tach will solve the problem? or do you think i should re-wire the whole thing?
also, since the DBALL2 was programmed D2D, will it still read the tach wire? and if i need to program the tach wire; which option do you think will work better: voltage?
Thank you for replying, i really appreciate it.
jameselantra 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2016 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
on your rs if hardwire tach present d2d is ignored. so all you need to do is hardwire and re learn tach
ricardoboston 
Posted: January 18, 2016 at 6:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ricardoboston
ok i will do that way and i will post the results thanks you guys for help me on this one
jameselantra 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2016 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
wire tach from engine to remote start 9 pin harness not dball2.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2016 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparkie
You can try just connecting the PURPLE / white tach output from the DB-ALL2 to the PURPLE / white tach input for the remote starter first as this is easy. The processor in the in the remote starter is sometimes too slow to get a good tach signal through D2D. DEI recommends hardwiring it this way on many vehicles where virtual tach won't work (Hyundai and Kia). If this fails then hardwire the remote starter's tach input to the engine's tach wire under the hood. Make sure that the ground for the remote starter is good and to the chassis.
sparky
ricardoboston 
Posted: January 18, 2016 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ricardoboston
hi there i have been talking to a tech and he told me to turn off the ball tach setting and have the remote start on check engine off and the crank 1.2 any idea if this is correct or not on this case?i just what to gather much info i can thanks
jameselantra 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2016 at 6:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
This is correct.
However I just said run the tach from your crank to your RS because with your model RS if tach is present aka hardwired to the RS it will ignore the dball.
So you can turn off the dball setting, in your case it wont make a diff as when you hardwired a Viper 4105v the dball tach signal is automatically ignored if present. makes no diff at all.
Hardwired tach takes priority on all DEI RS brains. This I am 100% sure of. I dont give advice unless Im 100% sure I know what Im saying.
jameselantra 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2016 at 6:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
If your car was my car I would first hard wire the tach
Then I would start the car, hold the valet button un the Viper 4105v till the red led glows solid (should happen pretty fast) then let go of the valet switch.
Then shut off the car.
Then test all should work.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic