the12volt.com spacer
icon

2012 mercedes benz ml 350 pts

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
triniforever 
Copper - Posts: 323
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2016 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote triniforever
Anyone ever did a 3x factory lock remote start on this vehicle ? My main question is how hard is the dash to take apart to get to the ignition switch? I'll be using the Idatalink piece RS-BZ-4. Thanks
triniforever
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2016 at 6:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
At a guess drop the instrument cluster.
triniforever 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2016 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote triniforever
Thanks Howie , how the heck are you by the way,its been ages,but i found out on this vehicle you reach up under the dashboard and sqeeze two clips on the ignition switch itself and pop it out, the hardest part is to access the key to go module which is under the rear left passenger seat to run the can high and can low wires to the remote starter module in the front . For anyone thats interested go to idatalink's website, log in and under support there are videos on how to take these vehicles apart .
triniforever
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2016 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
69, been retired for a year, couldn't take 5 hours on my knees hardwireing, after a year of no earning I start work on Monday fitting trackers; easy peasey 15 minutes each.
Can't tell you how much I hate being home bound!
triniforever 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2016 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote triniforever
Its good to know you're still around kicking up a storm and i know how staying home feels, and GPS are no doubt easier than remote starters and alarms ,its good to hear from you Howie and we still have that pint waiting ,dunno when but we'll have it,and take it easy.
triniforever
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2016 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
👍
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2016 at 7:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote metz35
triniforever wrote:
Anyone ever did a 3x factory lock remote start on this vehicle ? My main question is how hard is the dash to take apart to get to the ignition switch? I'll be using the Idatalink piece RS-BZ-4. Thanks
you can unsnap the leather collar around the steering column that moves with the tilt wheel. you can then reach threw the whole to the back of the ignition harness and unplug. hardest part of that install is the CAN.
triniforever 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2016 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote triniforever
Thanks Metz what i did was to remove the underdash panel above the x and brake pedal and reached up and unsnapped the ignition switch it came out very easily,and youre right taking out the rear seat was a pain in the butt along with the carpet to access the keyless go module with the Can wires but overall the install wasnt too bad out of a 10 i gave it a 5,that Idatastart piece is awesome .
triniforever
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2016 at 5:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote metz35
just wait till you have to do a new E class. 2014 and up. not fun.
triniforever 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2016 at 7:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote triniforever
Oh boy
triniforever
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic