the12volt.com spacer
icon

2009 Toyota Corolla Remote Start?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jcharley 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2016 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
I'm installing a prestige aps997e R/S with flashlogic FLCAN bypass and I'm a little unsure on the parking light aspect of this install. Are the 2009 toyota Corolla parking lights negatively or positively controlled or how exactly do I test this.
Thanks
Jeff
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2016 at 4:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prdjr165
that vehicle has both positive and negative parking light triggers-most installers use the negative trigger wire.
Parking Lights+      green + dash fuse box, white 30 pin plug (2A), pin 29

Parking Lights-      brown (USA/CAN made); white (JPN made)      -      headlight switch, white 20 pin plug, pin 18
you need a test light or voltmeter to test the wires.
your prestige wht/red wire on the 24pin harness goes to ground.
the white wire on the same harness goes to brown p.light wire on the corolla.double check your manual to be sure of these wires.
jcharley 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2016 at 6:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
Thank you so so much. That's what I was hoping as it is also the easiest method. I appreciate the help!
jcharley 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2016 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
One more question if you don't mind. I would also like to have the rear defroster kick on when the car is remote started. In order to accomplish this I'm thinking if I use the #17 wire BLACK/ light green which pulses (-) after startup to the negative feed wire of the defroster it will accomplish this. Is that accurate and do up know if there is a wire location under the dash that is accessible.
Thanks
Jeff
jcharley 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2016 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
One more question if you don't mind. I would also like to have the rear defroster kick on when the car is remote started. In order to accomplish this I'm thinking if I use the #17 wire BLACK/ light green which pulses (-) after startup to the negative feed wire of the defroster it will accomplish this. Is that accurate and do up know if there is a wire location under the dash that is accessible.
Thanks
Jeff
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2016 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Looks like that car needs a Latched signal to activate the rear defroster.  ( Info from Omega )

US built

Rear Defrost TAN (-)  (LATCHED)         @ SWITCH, GRAY 10 PIN CONN, PIN 2  

Japan built

Rear Defrost Black (-)  (LATCHED)        @ SWITCH, GRAY 10 PIN CONN, PIN 2

More info on the Green w/ Black Trace Wire: 300mA Pulsed Channel 4 Output :

NOTE: This wire also can be used for defrost activation as dictated by the setting of feature # 1 of Bank 3.
Anytime the vehicle is running under control of the Remote Start and Channel 4 is activated, then dependent
on the selection of this feature, GREEN/ Black will be activated for a 1 second pulse, or for 10 minutes.

Not a big Prestige user but it seems that the Defroster will not come automatically after a remote start up or at a set

temperature like some other R/S systems.  You must activate AUX Channel 4 after a remote start. 

Soldering is fun!
jcharley 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2016 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
So you don't think the #17 wire will work to activate the defrost
17 Black w/ Light Green trace Wire: Pulsed Ground Output After Start
The Black w/ Light Green Trace wire will provide a 1 second 300mA pulsed ground output after the vehicle is started under control of the remote start unit. Typically this wire will be used to re-lock the vehicle
doors if the doors unlock automatically when the factory anti-theft system is disarmed. This wire will also
activate when the transmitter is used to arm/lock the system. This output can be selected to operate in
a number of different configurations as shown in selectable feature # 22 of Bank 3.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2016 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

I'm not a big Prestige user but my money is on the GREEN/ Black wire.  With proper programming and the Channel 4

activation, it will do what you want.
Bank 3 -  1st Feature   1 Chirp 2 Chirps
1st Defrost Output    Pulsed               10 Mins

However, if you want it to turn on the rear defroster automatically after EVERY remote start, you could use the BLACK/ Green

Pulse After Start wire and this setup using 4 relays plus a 5th relay for polarity conversion back to the (-) latched signal
the car needs.  https://www.the12volt.com/relays/relaydiagram23.html   The 4 relays would convert the single pulse output
to a latched output that would stay on during the entire remote start run time.  Used that setup on a 2006 Honda Civic rear
defroster at a special request.  You could even add a "winter / summer" switch so the circuit would would only be in
play when needed.

Soldering is fun!
jcharley 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2016 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
If I'm reading this right channels 5,6, & 7 offer latching capabilities. Could I use 1 of them and avoid the giant cluster of relays? This is on page 27 of the manual.
Programmable Features Bank 2 Is Alarm Selectable Features:
Feature Selection 1 Chirp 2 Chirps 3 Chirps 4 Chirps 5 Chirps 6 Chirps
14th Aux Ch 5 Sel Pulse Push & Hold 10 Sec 20 Sec Latch On/Off Hold 3/S For O/P
15th Aux Ch 6 Sel Pulse Push & Hold 10 Sec 20 Sec Latch On/Off Hold 3/S For O/P
16th Aux Ch 7 Sel Pulse Push & Hold 10 Sec 20 Sec Latch On/Off Hold 3/S
jcharley 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2016 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
Or does the 4 channel do that already?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic