the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2009 Toyota Corolla Remote Start?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2016 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Channel 4 does that.  I thought the issue was engaging the rear defrost automatically without an additional manual operation on the APS997E remote?
Soldering is fun!
jcharley 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2016 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
That was what I wanted to do but forr simplicity of the instal I'm going to follow your advice and use the channel 4 output. Thank you for all of your help. It's very much appreciated.
jcharley 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2016 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
I need to use a relay for my channel 4 output according to the instal menu. My question is do I need to run the fused wire directly from the battery and what size fuse should I use.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2016 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Not sure that you need a relay.  Take a look at that Defroster wire at the switch, gray 10 pin plug.  If it is a thin gauge wire, no

relay is required. 

Of course you can still use a relay.  The (+) relay coil, Pin 86, draws very little current, so a 2 amp fuse going to the same

R/S power source is fine.  Relay Pin 87 goes to chassis ground, Relay Pin 85 goes to Channel 4 output and Relay Pin 30
goes to the vehicles defroster wire.

Soldering is fun!
jcharley 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2016 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
Ok,thank you and just to clarify, when you say switch you are referring to a plug that does to the rear defrost button correct.
kreg357 
Posted: January 25, 2016 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Yes, I believe so.  Verify that it is a Gray 10 Pin connector as indicated below.

US built

Rear Defrost TAN (-)  (LATCHED)         @ SWITCH, GRAY 10 PIN CONN, PIN 2  

Japan built

Rear Defrost Black (-)  (LATCHED)        @ SWITCH, GRAY 10 PIN CONN, PIN 2

Soldering is fun!
jcharley 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2016 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
I have a few questions on another vehicle. I'm also working on A 2004 Chrysler Town & Country. Same R/S & Bypass (prestige aps997e with Flashlogic FLCAN bypass).
I have gotten the info needed to wire up the rear defrost that is (+) Latched and needs a HD relay but I want to known if I have to use relays for my sliding doors. The Install Manual says that when the Aux channels are used to use a relay.
Also the instructions for the bypass show the sliding doors need wired to the bypass from the R/S. Do they also need to be hooked into the sliding door wiring or just to the bypass.
jcharley 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2016 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
Thanks for all of your help. I have gotten it all installed. I'm just wondering though. I have so many wires not being used and taking up a bunch of space under my dash. Should I cut them or what do you normally do wit the extra wires. For instance my 26 pin plug I'm only using 1 wire and the extras take up a lot of space.
Thanks
Jeff
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 29, 2016 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
If you decide to cut them, make sure to leave several inches coming out of the plug so if you need to make changes, you can still connect on easily. Then you can bundle them together with tape, zip ties, heat shrink, etc.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic