the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 5904v, 2003 honda crv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
modfab2502 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2016 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote modfab2502
Hi mscguy,
I had to step out.
Will check and get back to you in a while. Appreciate your help.
Best,
S. Gupta
modfab2502 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2016 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote modfab2502
Hi mscguy,
I could not get the time to work on this. Will probably continue on Monday.
Meanwhile, as per http://www.readyremote.com/main.asp?action=select&yr=5281&product=Remote%20Start&make=Honda&model=CRV#
I do not need to connect H3/4 and H4/4. As per your notes I have to connect H3/4.
Can you please review and confirm. Really appreciate all your help with this.
Best,
S. Gupta
modfab2502 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2016 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote modfab2502
Hi mscguy,
Also, how to program H3/7 as second accessory??
and which side (+) or (-) will the light flash polarity fuse go??
I know that I am irritating but, for me this is like going blindfolded in a jungle.
Best,
S. Gupta
modfab2502 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2016 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote modfab2502
Hi mscguy,
I hired an installer to do the job, he tried and gave up. I have no choice but to do this myself.
From all the information I could gather, I have made the attached wiring chart. I know that this is going to be too much to ask, but can you review if the attached is correct and also suggest on the missing columns / wires.
Best,
S. Gupta
viper 5904v, 2003 honda crv - Page 2 -- posted image.
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2016 at 8:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Hi. Sorry, I've been busy lately and couldn't reply.
You hired a pro to install it and he gave up, or did you hire a friend to install it and he gave up?
Just wondering. End result is the same, you have to do it yourself.
I don't have time to type out the corrections with your wiring, but there are a few. I'll try to do it later this afternoon (my time zone) when I'm a actually in front of my computer. Hard to do on a phone.
While you're waiting, please read the section of your install guide where it discusses how to change the programming options.   It's not hard to do, but it will be useful to read about it beforehand.   
modfab2502 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2016 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote modfab2502
Hi mscguy,
I hired a pro to install. Was supposed to be one of the best, was recommended and was very confident....he could not do it....perhaps he has not installed something like this.
I have the wiring on an excel. Can I email the same to you?
Best,
S. Gupta
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2016 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
H1/4, h3/8 don't use
All 3 of your fused wires on H3 connect to the white 50a ign switch wire.
Make sure to cut the starter wire. You want the key side and starter side connections of H3/4 h3/5 going to their respective sides of the cut.
Put light jumper fuse on (+).
I don't have time right now to go through the car side wires that you wrote.
Other than that, looks ok.
Make sure to test wires before connecting. Don't just assume the wiring chart is correct.
Maybe there is something weird about your car wiring. I don't know why the pro would have an issue.   I see you're in India. Maybe something is different.
modfab2502 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2016 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote modfab2502
Hi mscguy,
Thank you. I have updated my spreadsheet as per your instructions.
When you do get the time, let me know on the balance wires I am missing.
Best,
S. Gupta
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2016 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
It doesn't look like you're missing any. Not every wire is used for every application.
modfab2502 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2016 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote modfab2502
Hi mscguy,
One quick question:
Will I need to use a relay in the door lock 3 pin connector (blue and green) ??
Best,
S. Gupta
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic