the12volt.com spacer
icon

2015 Elantra with dball2 goin to fortin

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2016 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
If LEDS were damaged by strobing/flashing, ETC, Martin, Chauvet and various other theatrical lighting companies would be out of business.
If you're really dead set against them flashing, and it's a BCM programming issue, and it only happens under remote start, you'll have to wire power to them after all the electronics using relays and the GWR output. Far too much headache to do imo.
jameselantra 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2016 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
mscguy wrote:
If LEDS were damaged by strobing/flashing, ETC, Martin, Chauvet and various other theatrical lighting companies would be out of business.
If you're really dead set against them flashing, and it's a BCM programming issue, and it only happens under remote start, you'll have to wire power to them after all the electronics using relays and the GWR output. Far too much headache to do imo.
No this happens all the time under remote start and off of remote start. as long as im using the remote from the rs unit this happens and shouldnt.
My biggest reason for coming here about this was to see if its normal or if its my hardware.
with my dball just unlock does this, with my evoall unlock lock and trunk do this.
Now either somehow the rs brain has something to do with the bypass modules doing this or its just how they work. im curious is anyone out there with a differnt rs brain has seen this on their car.
Am going back and forth with Fortin on this, they are actually a very helpful and polite bunch. I will post the outcome here. if its fixable Im sure they will guide me.
Its not the install. THe install is simple very few wires and has been done VERY CLEAN on a brand new unaltered car with no existing or other issues.
brownsfan1 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2016 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote brownsfan1
jameselantra wrote:
brownsfan1 wrote:
I guess you can try the idatalink ads-alca. I have never seen a Hyundai OT Kia here with the immobilizer so I have never used a can interface on one. I own a Push button start Sonata and mine acts EXACTLY like the OEM remote when I use my Viper remote. I'm using the ADS module in my car. Mine is a 2014.
Are your locks hardwire or d2d?
Locks are being controlled over the can bus via the ads module. Only lighting that happens when I disarm is the dome light coming on and parking lights flashing. Dome light goes out on arm.
jameselantra 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2016 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
brownsfan1 wrote:
jameselantra wrote:
brownsfan1 wrote:
I guess you can try the idatalink ads-alca. I have never seen a Hyundai OT Kia here with the immobilizer so I have never used a can interface on one. I own a Push button start Sonata and mine acts EXACTLY like the OEM remote when I use my Viper remote. I'm using the ADS module in my car. Mine is a 2014.
Are your locks hardwire or d2d?
Locks are being controlled over the can bus via the ads module. Only lighting that happens when I disarm is the dome light coming on and parking lights flashing. Dome light goes out on arm.
Wow ok so over can asnd exact oem behaviour. OMG looks like Im buying more hardware.
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2016 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Oh. I see. Sorry, I thought this only happened on remote start.
jameselantra 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2016 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
Only vires I have not double checked are from my rs brain to ignition switch 12 volt x2 and accessory and start and ignition
someone is telling me this happens when you mix up those connections. i highly doubt this as if i mixed up those wires rs wouldnt start and lock and unlock even with car not running does this.
can i get some input? do you guys think im right or should i check?
checking will require removing lots of tape i wrapped all my wires so it would look oem
jameselantra 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2016 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
Everything is good, I also now understand why the light flash happens.
All is good.
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2016 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
Glad you figured it out. I'll bet i'm not the only one on here that would like some more details.
jameselantra 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2016 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jameselantra
Reason why you see your lights turn Off-On:
There's an autolight shutdown sequence happening. We do this allow the lights to shut down when the runtime of remote start ends which in turn reduces connections since it wouldn't require hard wired connections for autolight shutdown at the end of a remote start cycle. Aside from that, the module is only sending common lock-unlock commands.
At the moment, this is not an issue or a problem. There is room for improvement though and we have asked that it be looked at.
shift_happens 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2016 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shift_happens
If this issue is persistent and only happens when door locks are controlled via can-bus, the solution would be to wire lock/arm and unlock/disarm from your R/S to the car. You should be able to test this by simply turning off i think option A1 in the Fortin. If the lights to not cycle with the option off, go analog door lock connections and you'll
Wiring door locks on any hyundai is 'annoying' but very doable. I think you would also have to wire up a shut down trigger for your autolights. not sure.
I wouldnt be surprised though that even with A1 OFF, that the fortin unit will still send that autolight shutdown command. Turn off A1 and find out!
Page of 4

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic