the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5706v, DBALL2, 2011 Chevy Cruze

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cruze625 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2016 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cruze625
I have installed a few remote starts in the past and really enjoy the work/problem solving. I am stumped on this one however. I am installing a Viper 5706v and DBALL2 in a 2011 Chevy Cruze. The vehicle is automatic and NOT RSR (that I know of). The Viper and DBALL2 are setup D2D. I am testing as I go and have hit a road block.
I followed XpressKit wiring type 1a (without T-Harness) for GM10 v. 3.18+. I am using another T-harness however so I don't have to tap into the OBDII wires.
VIPER WIRING
+12V - Red ---> OBDII Pin 12 (+12V)
-Ground - Blank ---> Chassis Ground
+Ignition - Pink ---> Ignition Switch Pin 1 - Violet/Black
-Neutral Safety/Parking Brake Input - BLACK/ White ---> Chassis Ground
DBALL2 WIRING - 14pin
SW CAN - Light Green ---> OBDII Pin 1 - Green
CAN High - Tan/Blank ---> OBDII Pin 6 - Blue
CAN Low - Tan ---> OBDII Pin 14 - White
Immo. Data (Module side) - ORANGE / Red ---> Immo. Module Pin 2 - Violet/Green
Immo. Data (Car side) - Yellow/Red ---> Immo. Module - Violoet/Green
Immo. Data - BROWN / Red ---> DBALL2 12pin Immo. Data - Yellow/Black
DBALL2 WIRING - 12pin
+Accessory Output - Gray/Black ---> Ignition Switch Pin 3 - Violet / YELLOW
Immo. Data - Yellow/Black ---> DBALL2 14pin Immo. Data - BROWN / Red
Clutch Switch not needed (automatic) and parking lights from Viper not hooked up. I will be hooking up the parking lights but not needed at this point. You can hear the clicking of the relay in the Viper if there are any parking light diagnostic flashes.
ISSUE
The Cruze will not start, and there is no cranking. The Viper attempts to start the car 3 times before giving generic error on key fob. All accessories in car (radio, gauges, etc.) light up and then shut off with the attempts. There are no "flashes"/clicks from the Viper to parking lights. The DBALL2 flashes green, then orange and red and then green quickly as the DBALL2 diagnostics says it should. I checked the Viper startup/shutdown diagnostics and only get 3 flashes on the control center which means Low RPM (expected as car doesn't start). So all in all, no valuable error codes. All connections are soldered and double checked.
I did try to hook up the ignition output yellow from the DBALL2 14pin to the Ignition Switch Pin 1 with the Viper Ignition output Pink as well as connected the DBALL2 Brown on 14pin to the 12v and got a 5 flash "brake wire is active." Got this idea from the DBALL2 RSR instructions.
I also tried starting the car with the key in the ignition at both ON and OFF positions; same reaction/no change.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2016 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Can the +12V at the OBDII post supply enough current for the viper to use?
Did you make this connection?
Viper 5706v, DBALL2, 2011 Chevy Cruze -- posted image.
cruze625 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2016 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cruze625
Ah yes sorry, for some reason I missed that in writing this up. Those two wires are connected and hooked up to the vehicle side of the violet/green. I assume the immobilized is correct since the car starts with key turn.
I can try another source of power and post back my findings but wouldn't it have blown a fuse if too much load?
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2016 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparkie
Try doing a hard reset on the DB-ALL2. Reflash it with beta firmware 3.23 and program it to vehicle. You may also want to try programing it with a different key. There are some vehicles that won't program with one of the 2 keys. You must also make sure that the red wire for the remote starter with the 30 amp fuse is powered along with the main red wire with the 15 amp fuse.
sparky
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2016 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dasbogie
did you w2w the tach signal? I would recommend w2w tach and program to viper. also make sure the heavy gauge red and RED / black are to 12 volts.
Advanced
cruze625 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2016 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cruze625
I reflashed the DBALL2 with 3.23 firmware and programmed with the key. When I plugged in the DBALL2 to the Viper, it did NOT stay solid red to begin key programming. I did a module reset holding down the button on the DBALL2 and then plugging back in the 4pin. This went orange while holding and when let go it went red for a second before going to the fast orange flashing (almost like it got the unlock signal from the OEM remote right away).
Even with that, I continued with the key programming and the rest of the process was smooth, getting the lights as expected. When attempting to remote start the car, the DBALL2 flashes green (slowly) and then never starts. The center gauge on the Cruze now says "Service Theft Deterrent System."
The heavy gauge red and RED / black are hooked up.
Why this error now? Key turns and starts the car, I would expect car not to start if immobilizer was not hooked up correct. Key programming bad, bad DBALL?
cruze625 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2016 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cruze625
I disconnected the car battery and waited a few minutes then tapped the positive terminal to the negative, then reconnected battery. The antitheft error went away.
I reflashes the dball2 with 3.23 and did a hard reset. I received all the correct flashes while programming the key this time. I also hooked up the tach w2w from the Viper to the DBALL2 and learned tach, no issues.
BUT, car still doesn't start. No errors, no flashes...thoughts?
cruze625 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2016 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cruze625
Anyone?
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2016 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Do you have the Purple starter output from the Viper connected to the Violet on the DBALL 10 pin harness?
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
cruze625 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2016 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cruze625
I do not have that connected. I thought this was covered in D2D viper DBALL2. Is D2D really that unreliable?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic