the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5706v, DBALL2, 2011 Chevy Cruze

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2016 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Did the DBALL flash orange after pressing the UNLOCK button on the OEM remote?
The LED should be flashing GREEN quickly. If it doesn't flash GREEN quickly, the start signal was not received by the module.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
cruze625 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2016 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cruze625
Yes it did and I received all correct flashes in order. Would the ignition wire from Viper (pink) need a delay relay?
smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2016 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
No. Nothing like that is listed. I would carefully recheck the current wiring, one wire at a time to verify that something is not missing. After that I would do it W2W and not the D2D method.
If it's wired as the D2D method, most of the connections to the vehicle are already done. The remaining connections are from the Viper and the DB-ALL2
cruze625 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2016 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cruze625
So I just connected the Viper Purple heavy gauge to the Violet on the DBALL2 10-pin. I also did a hard reset of the DBALL2 and reprogrammed getting all the proper light sequence.
Immediately following, I started the car with the key and then turned off the care removing key from ignition. I attempted remote start with Viper key fob. CRUZE STARTED!!!!!
HOWEVER, I tapped the brake to see if it would kill the start. It did. All attempts to remote start the car after this failed with no signal lights.
cruze625 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2016 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cruze625
I will add that I tried to hard reset again and repeat the same process. Car will not remote start and I am back to where I was before.
smokeman1 
Posted: March 29, 2016 at 6:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Does the car attempt to remote start.? Dash lights? Number of times parking lights flash to tell you what is wrong?
Nothing? Check for voltage getting to the Viper. Check fuses. Loose connection, hopefully they were all soldered.
cruze625 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2016 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cruze625
All connections are soldered. Cruze attempts to start and I can hear what I think is the fuel pump kick on. Dash and radio light up each of the three attempts. I also switched back to 3.18 flash instead of 3.23 beta.
I will check voltage and fuses.
If I soft reset the DBALL2, reprogram with OEM fob and key sequence and then manually start the car...... Remote start works a few times but only until another action happens like driving or using viper or OEM fob.
If I manually start the car then shut off the car and try to remote start, the Cruze starts for a few second then stops.
smokeman1 
Posted: March 29, 2016 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Put a key in the ignition, don't turn it, then try remote start.
Are you still D2D?
cruze625 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2016 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cruze625
I tried both in ignition and also turned (in ignition); same reactions.
I am still in D2D for the most part. I have added a few of the wires like tach and starter from all the responses here. I am planning to do W2W this weekend and will have update after that.
A few other items I am noticing and popping up since reflashing and adding the violet/starter connection:
1) Driver priority is reversed. Press Unlock x1 and all doors BUT drive unlock. Press Unlock x2 and and driver door unlocks.
2) Viper gets low RPM flashes (3 flashes) - this has happened the whole time
3) Occasionally seeing check engine icon or security icon (car with lock) when remote starting but I also see these when car manual cranks. Leads me to believe it is unrelated and normal.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2016 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparkie
Have you tried programming the DBALL2 with a different key? I have seen a number of these style GM cars where the key isn't any good to program the module. Using a different key fixed the issue on quite a few cars. If you can, do a hard reset on module, program with 3,23 beta and try another key to program module. Did you get the wires at the BCM or the ignition switch? If at the BCM check you got the correct accessory wire. There are duplicate colored wires for on either side of the ignition wire at the BCM. Only one is accessory.
sparky
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic