the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5601 to 2004 Toyota Tundra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
o_deacon 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2016 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote o_deacon
I hold the button that is supposed to start the car, the light on the remote blink 10 times and then afterwards all that happens is that the parking lights blink a few times. Can you give me some instruction on how to connect other wires?
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2016 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
How many times do the parking lights flash?
What other wires are you needing to connect?
Are you testing your wires with a DMM to verify the function there of?
Could you list the color of the wires at your ignition switch and the function. There seems to be different info between the Tundra and Tundra Standard/Access cab
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
o_deacon 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2016 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote o_deacon
The lights flash 7 times. I bought this car with a plugged in viper, the seller said he installed it himself. The lock and unlock of the doors and the siren for the driver's door. I think seller didn't connect some of the H1 wires and some are not connected. The ignition and function are colored like kreg's photo showed for 2004 Toyota Tundra double cab. Also, what is a DMM?
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2016 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Is the vehicle a manual transmission or an Automatic?
Seven flashes indicate "manual transmission mode in not enabled"
If automatic can be changed to auto in menu 3, Item 1, Option 2.
This is listed in the install guide. A bit of a tricky timing and button pressing, but it is doable with patience and practice.
Kind of tough to help you when you say in your first post you were installing the Viper. Now you say you bought it with a plugged in Viper that the previous owner installed.
Makes a difference when trying to point you in a direction.
If you didn't install it, try removing the trim panels and trace all of the connections to what wire and test for the function, ie...12 volt...starter...starter 2...ignition...accessory.
Test with a DMM...Digital Multi Meter.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
o_deacon 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2016 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote o_deacon
My car has automatic transmission. I'm going to reinstall because the Viper was incorrectly installed. I connected all the wires as told by Kreg and soldered the wires.
o_deacon 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2016 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote o_deacon
Hi guys, i'm back. It's gonna be cold soon. Smokeman1, I wasn't able to find the combination to switch my Viper into automatic transmission mode.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 09, 2016 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/downloads.asp?srch=all&term=5601+installation
page 37 explains programming with the valet switch
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
o_deacon 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2016 at 7:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote o_deacon
Ok. I looked at the page but I have no idea where the Valet switch is. Or so I need to buy the Bitwriter?
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 09, 2016 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Check if it's built-in to the antenna.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
o_deacon 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2016 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote o_deacon
Thank you guys. I did it!
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic