the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004 Lexus GX470, remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pipes15 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2016 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pipes15
Hey all- I'm doing a remote starter on a 2004 Lexus GX470 this weekend and I am unable to find any pictures/wire color and locations on this vehicle. Has anyone ever done one before on this vehicle? If so, any problems found or tips would be greatly appreciated!! thanks again in advance.
-Pipes
pipes
wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 08, 2016 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wirewise
Here's the wiring info for remote start:
LEXUS / GX 470 / 2004 / Remote Start
12volts      wht/blue (50A), wht/red (30A)      +      ignition harness
Starter      GREEN/ black      +      ignition harness
Second Starter      BLACK/ white      +      ignition harness
Ignition      BLACK/ red      +      ignition harness
Second Ignition      blue / YELLOW      +      ignition harness
Third Ignition      N/A           
Accessory      WHITE/ green      +      ignition harness
Second Accessory      N/A           
Keysense      GREEN/ YELLOW      -      ignition harness
Notes: Using the status output to trigger this wire during remote start will disarm the factory alarm without unlocking the doors.
Power Lock      GREEN/ black to BLACK/ orange      -      passenger kick, gray 18 pin plug
Notes: Meter these wires while turning the key in the passenger door key cylinder.
Can also use the driver door key cylinder wires for lock/unlock. The lock wire is blue (-), and the unlock wire is green (-, double pulse). These wires are at the driver door module in the door.
Power Unlock      green      -      passenger kick, gray 18 pin plug
Notes: Meter these wires while turning the key in the passenger door key cylinder.
Can also use the driver door key cylinder wires for lock/unlock. The lock wire is blue (-), and the unlock wire is green (-, double pulse). These wires are at the driver door module in the door.
Lock Motor      blue/red to RED / black      5wi      driver kick, 13 pin plug
Unlock Motor      blue/orange to BLACK/ white      5wi      driver kick, 13 pin plug
Parking Lights+      green      +      left of fuses, 16 pin plug
Parking Lights-      green      -      BECU, top plug, pin 8
Notes: The Body ECU is part of the fuse box under the driver side dash. The three plugs on the right side edge of the fuse box are for the Body ECU.
Hazards      white      -      hazard switch
Turn Signal(L)      blue/black      +      left of fuses, 16 pin plug
Turn Signal(R)      blue / YELLOW      +      left of fuses, 16 pin plug
Reverse Light      RED / black      +      passenger kick, harness to rear
Door Trigger      purple / YELLOW (ajar indicator)      -      BECU, top plug, pin 12
Notes: The individual door trigger wires are in the BECU, middle plug. The LF door is RED / yellow in pin 23. The RF door is RED / yellow in pin 24. The LR door is pink/black in pin 11. The RR door is pink/blue in pin 12. Use all four wires and diode isolate each.
The Body ECU is part of the fuse box under the driver side dash. The three plugs on the right side edge of the fuse box are for the Body ECU.
Dome Supervision      white      -      plug to right of fuses, pin 8
Trunk/Hatch Pin      RED / blue      -      BECU, middle plug, pin 7
Notes: The Body ECU is part of the fuse box under the driver side dash. The three plugs on the right side edge of the fuse box are for the Body ECU.
Hood Pin      RED / white      -      driver kick, large plug by firewall
Trunk/Hatch Release      N/A           
Power Sliding Door      N/A           
Factory Alarm Arm      arms with lock           
Factory Alarm Disarm      disarms with unlock           
Disarm No Unlock      use key sense wire           
Tachometer      BLACK/ white      ac      ECM, top plug, pin 5
Notes: The ECM (Engine Control Module) is behind the glove box.
Wait to start      N/A           
Brake Wire      GREEN/ YELLOW      +      left of fuses, 16 pin plug
Parking Brake      GREEN/ red      -      BECU, middle plug, pin 2
Horn Trigger      GREEN/ red      -      horn switch
Memory Seat 1      blue/orange      -      BECU, bottom plug, pin 20
Memory Seat 2      blue/black      -      BECU, bottom plug, pin 2
Memory Seat 3      N/A      -     
Interface Module:      Category:
Door Lock Interface      Required:
No      Type:
Data Bus
Part #: IM-Toyota-2
Notes:
Interface Module:      Category:
Immobilizer Bypass      Required:
Yes      Type:
Transponder
~wirewise~ Verify all wiring with your meter before making any connections!
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2016 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.aspx
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=124463
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
pipes15 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2016 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pipes15
thanks you!
pipes
pipes15 
Posted: March 15, 2016 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pipes15
I am having trouble locating the unlock and lock wires? I found the grey harness on the pass side but this vehicle does not have a key cylinder on the pass side door to test with like it states? any ideas? the "green" wire coming out of the harness has +12volts on it and it says its suppose to be (-).... so I am confused. any one installed unlock and lock on this 2004 lexus gx470?
pipes
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2016 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
This was listed in wirewise post above:
Power Unlock      green      -      passenger kick, gray 18 pin plug
Listed in a different wire guide source:
Lock BLUE/WHITE PASSENGER KICK PANEL OR BECU**
Unlock BLUE/ORANGE PASSENGER KICK PANEL OR BECU**
BECU (BODY ELECTRICAL CONTROL UNIT) Located In The Drivers Kick Panel.
Another source:
http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wiring/2003-2007/lexus/gx470/1277.html
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
pipes15 
Posted: March 16, 2016 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pipes15
Thanks smokeman. I will look again tonight. The annoying part is all my documentations state to meter the pass door key cylinder, but this vehicle does not have a key cylinder on the pass door. Thanks for the input. I respond tonight with what i come across.
pipes
pipes15 
Posted: March 18, 2016 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pipes15
*update* So I tested every possible wire color offered by wire diagrams and you guys. I was able to find the lock and unlock wires in the passenger side kick panel buy they did not do what i needed them to do. probably due to the fact that this specific vehicle does not have a passenger side key cylinder like all the wire docs state. Long story short I had to get both wires from inside the drivers door. Took longer than i wanted, but at the end of the day the job got done. So, just wanted to say big thank you to all who chimed in and assisted. You guys rock!
pipes

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic