the12volt.com spacer
icon

Clifford Alarm Stopped Unlocking Door?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Agdodge4x4 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2016 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Agdodge4x4
I don't know the model of the alarm offhand, but it has a large keyfob that has an LCD screen with the vehicle and gives visual representation of locked or unlocked or triggered alarms. Anyway, not long ago, one day, it just stopped 'unlocking' the truck doors. The alarm disarms. The door lock button works fine. It locks the doors when you arm the vehicle just fine. Is there something I can check specifically or is the unit just dead? 2005 F250 Lariat 4x4.
Agdodge4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2016 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Agdodge4x4
Oh, I should add that the factory keyless remote locks and unlocks without any issue, so it seems to be related purely to the alarm brain somehow. Both alarm keyfobs arm and disarm the truck, but upon disarm, the locks do not pop up.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2016 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Check the plug for the door lock/unlock at the brain and also check the connection to the vehicle door unlock wiring. which is the blue wire of the blue and green wires from the brain. If those check good DMM on continuity to the blue wire at the plug and to ground and unlock from both the remote and the vehicle switch to make sure the wire is sending (-)unlock pulse and isn't broken going to vehicle and the vehicle is connected to brain.
Agdodge4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2016 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Agdodge4x4
Thank you!
I disconnected the unlock harness from the brain and tested continuity on the harness. I only have continuity to ground on teh two purple wires. Is that good? How do I test the other things?
I also checked the voltage with my DMM from ground to the blue wire and the green wire on the harness while disconnected. Both have a small voltage that 'bumps' when you unlock or lock the doors. I dont know what that voltage is because its too fast. However, I disconnected the plug from the back of my door luck button, and one of those wires DOES give continuity with teh blue wire, so the wire is connected to the truck anyway.
Agdodge4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2016 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Agdodge4x4
OK, so I can get continuity with ground and the blue wire when I unlock the car with the door button. I do not get any continuity with ground on the blue wire when using the remote to disarm the car.
What does this mean>?
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2016 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
If the alarm is not outputting a (-)pulse on the blue wire or the corresponding pin of the alarm then it is internal fault with the alarm for the internal unlock relay. Your choices depending on where you got it and if it has a warranty will decide whether you replace it under warranty or try to fix it your self by repairing it yourself or replacing the brain yourself.
Agdodge4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2016 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Agdodge4x4
Is there a current 'brain' I can get that is compatible with my Matrix 10.5x that would basically swap without having to do much in terms of 'rewiring'?
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2016 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
If you don't care what brand name is on the brain you can cross any DEI brand that is the same generation like viper 5000 python 900 that uses the same remote(904100) to start with. Use this list to cross models that use the same remotes. Transcross
Agdodge4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2016 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Agdodge4x4
I have a 489x remote. Unfortunately, for 2 way remotes, this Matrix 10.x is the ONLY alarm that uses it. :/
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2016 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
No the viper and the python both use it too the letter at the end is the brand designation 489x is Clifford, 489p is Python and, 489v is Viper, exact same remote internals different plastic case. In any given generation the brain is the same for a 1 way as it is for a 2 way alarm different antenna for the 2 way function. you can add 2 way function to a 1 way by switching to a 2 way antenna. you system has the 451m door lock relay module internally as the newer brains don't and either come with the 451m in the box or you have to buy it separate. DEI makes several brands and they all use the same wire color and function. They only change plug type, count and wire count in the plugs. certain never models have the DBALL built into the brain now.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic