the12volt.com spacer
icon

Clifford Alarm Stopped Unlocking Door?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2016 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
You would need to connect the 2nd unlock wire in place of the unlock wire that is already connected if it is working that is. It's a band-aid until you can get it fix replaced or whatever you decide to do.
Agdodge4x4 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2016 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Agdodge4x4
Where's the 2nd unlock wire? I dont see it referenced in the manual.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2016 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
H2/1 Auxiliary Harness Light Blue (-) Second Unlock
Here the install guide for the 10.5x I have been referencing from.
Clifford Matrix 10.5x (N3301X)
Agdodge4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2016 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Agdodge4x4
OK. Let me step back a second. I need to confirm that this thing is wired right from the get go. I have factory key fob that operates the unlock in a progressive fashion. I like it. How should my alarm be wired for this functionality to work, assuming everything was working properly? As it is, all doors used to unlock at once upon disarming. Seems that if my progressive was wired right, then I should be able to hit unlock twice and the other locks would open.
That does not happen. How should it be wired?
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2016 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
You would wire the first unlock direct to door lock motor and second unlock to BCM power unlock. The wire for the driver door motor is RED / orange in the driver kick. Wire it up like so:
Be sure to test everything. Offhand the motor side should be the side going towards the driver door and the switch side will be going towards the rear of the vehicle.
Clifford Alarm Stopped Unlocking Door? - Page 5 -- posted image.
1041_Door_Locking_Systems_Wiring_Guide
Agdodge4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2017 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Agdodge4x4
Welp, I never found a replacement brain for this alarm. :(
I'm now looking again. Just to confirm, my existing alarm is a Clifford 10.5X
I know the Viper 5000 is a direct swap but can I can replace it's brain with a Viper 5002 Brain?
Agdodge4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2017 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Agdodge4x4
Actually, Can I get a mostly exhaustive list of brains that are direct plug in replacements for my Matrix 10.5X?
Just Viper and Python are sufficient but if you know them for Clifford that would be great.
Agdodge4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2017 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Agdodge4x4
Man...the SECOND UNLOCK will work, but the original installers didn't use the auxiliary harness and I don't have it! DAMMIT.
Agdodge4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2018 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Agdodge4x4
I still have a problem. I got my new alarm brain installed. However, I have a wire that is not hooked up that I found.
Found two wires disconnected. No idea where they go as they have connectors on them so they should have mating connectors.
DOOR LOCK HARNESS:
GREEN/BLACK Lock #30 Common (Output) ------> Hooked up to a White wire with red tracer in my drivers kick panel
BLUE/BLACK UNLOCK #30 Common (Output) ------> Hooked up on the wire that is Black with white tracer in the kick panel
MAIN HARNESS
GREEN (-) Door Trigger Input, Zone 3 -----> ???? This wire has a connector but its just loose in the door. No idea where this should go. It doesn't look like it was ever hooked up. SHould it be? If so, where?
Can someone shed light on where this should go?
Also, I have a bitwriter, and I have saved my OLD configuration, but I cannot get it to program my new alarm (identical brain). I'd also like to program the old remote to the new brain. How do I copy settings?
Page of 5

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic