the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 211HV Wiring Variation

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chris petris 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2016 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chris petris
Hello, many thanks to all who supply all the excellent installation info.
I am installing a Viper 211HV a very simple keyless entry or so it should be. The wire colors are typical and make sense on how to connect. I was ready to wire it as I normally would, until I found that the wire colors are not in the same position as the connector diagram in the installation guide. There is no BROWN / black wire unlock (NC) although I do have two WHITE/ black stripe wires instead of one as the wiring guide shows. I'm thinking that possibly the WHITE/ black stripe wires are lock (NC). There are no BLACK/ white stripe wires for domelight supervision which the installation guide mentions as an option. My concern is the wire colors not in the same position as the installation guide and the lack of domelight supervision. I am concerned about plugging in the connector and having to let the smoke out. It seems like this connector maybe wired wrong from the factory? Has anyone seen this variation of the 211HV?
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2016 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Heres a different revision of the 211HV.
Viper 211HV Wiring Variation -- posted image.
Your best bet is to bench test the unit and suspect wires to verify proper function and that its just a manufacturing defect with the plug.
chris petris 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2016 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chris petris
Thanks for the input.
I decided to remove the circuit board and check the connector for logical power and ground circuits. After knowing that the 12 volt battery and ground were connected to the parking light relay I went ahead and connected the wiring from past experiences. This unit has on-board relays (so it claims) which in this 1973 Corvette with aftermarket power door locks was not necessary. This Viper 211HV purchased 8-2015 has only two wires for the door lock and unlock feature. I am including the wiring connector wires and their location in case someone else runs across this. I considered removing the aftermarket relays and using the 211HV on-board relays if possible. Without knowing what position the control wires should be in the connector for the door lock switch side. I decided to use the blue/black and GREEN/ black wires to activate the relay input from the switch side. Everything works as it should. None of the installation guides show this wiring set-up for the Viper 211HV.     
211HV Connector
1 - blank
2 - blank
3 - blank
4 - yellow ignition 12 volt (switched)
5 - blank
6 - blank
7 - blank
8 - black chassis ground
9 - white parking light output (polarity sensitive) 1973 Corvette positive
10 - violet 12 volt battery input for door locks
11 - blue/black stripe door lock positive output
12 - violet/black stripe 12 volt battery input for door locks
13 - blank
14 - GREEN/ black stripe door unlock positive output
15 - BLACK/ white stripe dome light supervision
16 - BLACK/ white stripe dome light supervision
17 - blue progressive door unlock (must use additional relays)
18 - red 12 volt battery power
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2016 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
It matches this diagram in reverse except for the wires that you left blank.
Viper 211HV Wiring Variation -- posted image.
chris petris 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2016 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chris petris
Yes you are correct I figured that out later. For whatever reason the connector has the wrong numbering. One thing that is for sure there are on-board relays but they are not usable unless wires are added to the connector. Not a problem though I had already added two relays for the power locks before the customer decided on keyless entry. Thanks
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2016 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
DEi does weird things like that from time to time with there units. Like the remote start generations being the same other than the wiring being ordered different like the 4704 and next generation 4706. They look identical but there are 2 differences.
1 the Remote Start 8 pin is wired in reverse.
2 the 24 pin has the same first and last wires all the rest have been reordered.
Everything else is unchanged.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic