the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5806v on 2016 Toyota Sienna

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2016 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Shock sensor wires should have a plug on both ends, and plug into the sensor port 1. No other connections are needed for the green wire unless you are hooking up other sensors and want to modify the current zones that are being used for trigger reports.
mhunguyen 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2016 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mhunguyen
lurch228 wrote:
Shock sensor wires should have a plug on both ends, and plug into the sensor port 1. No other connections are needed for the green wire unless you are hooking up other sensors and want to modify the current zones that are being used for trigger reports.
Thank you. Also Kreg mentioned in his post that its convenience to wire a relay for the anti-grind feature. Is this something that I should do/applicable for the 2016 Toyta Sienna?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2016 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Your Viper 5806 has built in Anti-Grind if you cut the Sienna's Starter wire and connected the Vipers thick Green and Violet starter wires. See Menu 3, Option 13. Default is ON. You can test this by remote starting the engine, then inserting the key and rotating it all the way to START. The Viper will prevent the ignition keys START signal from getting to the starter motor and causing a grind.
Soldering is fun!
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2016 at 6:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
mhunguyen wrote:
Thank you. Also Kreg mentioned in his post that its convenience to wire a relay for the anti-grind feature. Is this something that I should do/applicable for the 2016 Toyta Sienna?
I would recommend that you hook it up but it's not a requirement.
You would hook the green to the side coming from the key, and the purple to the side going to the starter.
mhunguyen 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2016 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mhunguyen
lurch228 wrote:
mhunguyen wrote:
I would recommend that you hook it up but it's not a requirement.
You would hook the green to the side coming from the key, and the purple to the side going to the starter.
Thank you guys for the help. Been so busy haven't gotten the time to install it yet. I do have another question hoping for some direction.
From the Viper's 24 pin harness, do I need to connect the tach wire to the Sienna's tach?
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2016 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
If ADS ALCA supports Tach thru Data and you are following the D2D/DBI install then no, otherwise if the ADS ALCA only supports Tach via hardwire the connect Tach between the Alarm R/S and ADS ALCA. If the ADS ALCA doesn't support Tach at all the wire Alarm R/S Tach to vehicle.
mhunguyen 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2016 at 6:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mhunguyen
lurch228 wrote:
If ADS ALCA supports Tach thru Data and you are following the D2D/DBI install then no, otherwise if the ADS ALCA only supports Tach via hardwire the connect Tach between the Alarm R/S and ADS ALCA. If the ADS ALCA doesn't support Tach at all the wire Alarm R/S Tach to vehicle.
THank you lurch.. will be doing the installation today. one quick question, if i want to use the Siena's horn instead of the Vipers siren. which write do i connect to the horn wire of the Sienna.
The sienna horn is (-), so should i connect the 24-pin BROWN / BLACK - HORN HONK OUTPUT to the Siena's horn wire?
thanks
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2016 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Yes you are correct, for horn honk.
mhunguyen 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2016 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mhunguyen
lurch228 wrote:
Yes you are correct, for horn honk.
I finished the installation. Starter is working fine. However LED is blinking 3 times. And the lock/unlock feature from the r/s control is not working right. Any idea what's wrong? I think it has to do with the ignition wire.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2016 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
You connected the R/S heavy gauge pink to vehicle ignition 1 wire and the bypass ignition pink wire is also connected to 1 of the first 2 wires then it should be right.
The bypass is set ie flashed with the DBI firmware for D2D/DBI data mode to work with the Viper correct?
DBI-AL(DL)-TL9 (1.6) FOR ADS-ALCA Revision Date: Thursday, April 28, 2016
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic