the12volt.com spacer
icon

2016 Honda CR-V Touring Alarm/Remote Start Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
alarmgeek 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2016 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote alarmgeek
I am in need of the wiring information for a 2016 Honda CRV touring model.
I am not sure how involved this will be to add an alarm / remote start with all the new electronics that are in the latest touring.
I put a viper in my last CRV (2009) and it has worked flawless for 7 years. Time to upgrade.
alarmgeek 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2016 at 12:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote alarmgeek
No help?
Does anyone have the wire colors and locations, that would really help.
I believe the 2015 is the same as the 2016 so if you have it for CRV 2015 with PTS it would be appreciated.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2016 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Being as you have PTS and will need a full featured bypass module, the easiest way to get the wires locations and color
for your R/S w/Alarm install would be from the actual bypass module install diagram. I use iDatalink modules and the
2015 and 2016 CR-V Touring editions are listed as the same ( so are the non-Touring PTS models ). Go to the iDatalink
WEB site and look up your CR-V. The Type 8 install diagram gives you pretty much everything including the Parking Lights.
You won't need the Horn if you're installing and alarm system but the car comes with a factory alarm. The only issue
will be that the R/S will shut down as soon as a door is opened. That's just they way it works. Most of the wiring
is behind the glove box. A bit cramped and not much room to place the R/S modules.
iDatalink : http://cdncontent2.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/DL-HA6/ADS-AL(DL)-HA6-EN_20160805.pdf
Fortin does it a little differently (locks) but has photo's to aid with the install. Fortin EVO-ALL bypass install :
http://fortin.ca/download/34041/evo-all_honda_crv_pts_2015_34041_h20151007.pdf
Soldering is fun!
alarmgeek 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2016 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote alarmgeek
I have that, it came with the alarm. What is missing is the rest of the wires that are required. What is missing and not typical since this is push to start, no key switch is ignition 1, ignition 2, accessory, light, start.
I have just started the install and will find the wires the old way with a meter if nothing is posted. One way or another I will get it done. When complete I will post a complete list for the next guy.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2016 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
You are not using a bypass module? What brand model R/S w/Alarm are you installing?
Soldering is fun!
alarmgeek 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2016 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote alarmgeek
I am installing an Excalibur 2060 with the ol-blade-all. I had been looking at the wrong wiring diagrams that had a lot of wiring points duplicating, that made the work overwhelming. As it turned out most everything is through the data lines.
It is installed and working so I must have done most of it right ;)
I am working on a complete wire chart that includes ALL connection points, I will get it posted in a few days.
alarmgeek 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2016 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote alarmgeek
I hope this helps others.
2016 Honda CR-V Touring Alarm/Remote Start Wiring -- posted image.
daflipcyde 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2016 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote daflipcyde
Thanks for the wiring diagram.
mikeremotestart 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2017 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikeremotestart
Hi,
I am using xpress kit by pass module with Viper 5706 remote starter:
In remote start which wire is GWR(Status) - in xpressKit manual, it says to connect to GWR Input in the bypass module.
Also, Can I not use the accessory 1 and 2 wire? I don't really need them.
In xpresskit module, in red harness, there wire# PTS Output (Red/black), do I required to connect that?
Mike
alarmgeek 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2017 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote alarmgeek
GWR = Ground While Running, this may be all you need, if not tell me which side, 5706 remote starter or express kit, you are looking for the GWR on.
PTS = Push To Start, whether you need this depends on the installation, car / model.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic