the12volt.com spacer
icon

2014 ford fusion, avital 4103

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2016 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
And yes Kreg, I have two small 1/4" drive ratchets with swivel heads, been using them for over 30 years.
BTW is it my imagination that Snap-On quality has gone down over the years?
Plus skewdrivers and Bojo trim tools.
They only thing we can't seem to do is to get DB-ALL 2 to play nicely with Euro market cars.
And I have an XK loader 3 plus Nougat (Android 7.0) on my phone and iOS 10.8 on my iPad AND I watch Westworld at the same time. So up yours Kreg! Followers of the mustard son of Rugby.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2016 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

2014 ford fusion, avital 4103 - Page 2 -- posted image.  Ah Howard, figured you would add to this discussion soon.   Haven't used Snap-On tools, too expensive.  ( Still have my early Sears Craftsman set. )  You might get a chance to check out their quality and prices soon.

The range on the factory remotes isn't great but it works for most customers.  This install with 3X lock is super fast, got to be one of my favorites.

Soldering is fun!
ricardoboston 
Copper - Posts: 268
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2016 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ricardoboston
please would one of you guys help me out please i need something to add up to ads al ca to make it a better range ,can you guys explain me what i should buy thanks a lot.
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2016 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Mark Mizenko
I've added remote/antenna kits to a few alca only installs, but I don't remember the model numbers, sorry. I just tell my distributor what I want (1 button, two way etc.) and put it in, don't look at the numbers.
On a side note, I've read that if you unplug the diagnostic module it logs some kind of code? I've done it once or twice though and never saw anything, or heard about it.
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2016 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote racerjames76
Yes it does log that error into memory as a soft trouble code. No lights no problems in my book.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2016 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
This is a bit complicated to explain / do with an ADS AL-CA.  It might be best to speak with your Dealer / Wholesaler.
Basically, you flash the ADS AL-CA with the COM-AL(RS)-FM6-[ADS-ALCA] firmware and follow that guide.  Next, you need a
FT-D100 RF Decoder module and flash that with the correct firmware.  Finally, you need a compatible RF Kit, like the
Compustar RF-1WG6, which supplies the antenna and remotes.  This is the long story with the individual components.
Soldering is fun!
ricardoboston 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2016 at 6:08 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ricardoboston
thank you guys for the help now i know what to buy ,thanks you too kreg3572014 ford fusion, avital 4103 - Page 2 -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2016 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Now officially p---d off, did a Cashcow (Rogue to you) reversing aid, bloody French (Renault influence) all the wires are BLACK.
ricardoboston 
Posted: November 07, 2016 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ricardoboston
guys i have a bad news on this car now the customer its conplaim because the heater ,or the a/c will not turn on when the remote start its running ??? i heard it need to be take to the dealer to reprogram the module??? any ideas please
ricardoboston 
Posted: November 07, 2016 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ricardoboston
PLEASE anyone can explain me why ever time i do remote start on fusion this cars won't turn on the heater when they re running on remote start , i have heard it needs to be take to dealer to reprogram the climate control ?????? i was thinking to try the fortin module plug and play , not sure if this way i will have the climate control turn on?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic