the12volt.com spacer
icon

2009 Rav 4 Sport Remote Start install?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mhunguyen 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2016 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mhunguyen
rmotlyintrested wrote:
I'm in about the same boat. I've done the two vehicles in our family that didn't need a bypass. But most vehicles require one. I was looking at the iDatalink install guide for an '09 Rav (type 1 install). It's saying that the dotted lines don't need to be connected for data mode (1 way) and the solid red lines aren't required for data mode (2 way) but doesn't explain the difference. Is it just referring to communication between the modules? In any case, do the red and the dashed lines both not need to be connected? If so, that leaves about 6 connections to the bypass module to be made. Not as bad as I thought. And I'm sure in some cases/vehicles it's even less. Not sure exactly when I'll be doing my next one but it would be good to know if my understanding is correct..
So looking at the Idalink diagram, if your starter supports D2D, then you will not need to make the black and red dotted lines. If your after remote starter doesnt support D2D, then you will need to make dotted line connections. the R/S that I used (Viper) supports D2D, so the connections are easier. Idatalink bypass are great and their diagrams are very clear, just follow their diagram and you shouldn't have any issue (note: their wire diagram do not show the typical connections between the R/S and the car - so you have to additional research for your car).
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic