the12volt.com spacer
icon

DB-ALL2 programming issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zsoccerdude17 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2016 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zsoccerdude17
Hi everyone, Im currently installing a viper remote start (4115V1d) system on a buddy's '05 Chevy Suburban. We are using the DB-ALL2 Bypass module to get around the passlock system. I have followed directechs wiring schematic to a T.
What I'm having an issue with is this. We program a key. red light, put key in and turn to start, light turns green for 3 seconds, light goes out, turn off vehicle and remove key. After that I never get another light on the Dball. Its my understanding that it should be a solid red when its in standy by/ waiting for start signal.
Needless to say the remote start is not remote starting. Am I missing something here? I have the XKLoader2 and have 402.gm4 4.05 firmware on the module.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2016 at 6:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Solid Red is waiting for programming procedure to begin. There should be no red light after programming.
Are you W2W or D2D? Sounds like the programming was correct.
If you put the key in the ignition barrel, do not turn it to run, try remote start. Does it start then or not?
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
zsoccerdude17 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2016 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zsoccerdude17
That I have not tried yet, we are wiring in D2D.
zsoccerdude17 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2016 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zsoccerdude17
I still cannot get this thing to start. Ive triple checked wiring, learned the key multiple times, and learned the tach (D2D). Currently running on GM4 firmware directly from directechs website. What could I be missing???
zsoccerdude17 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2016 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zsoccerdude17
https://directechs.blob.core.windows.net/documents/dball-dball2-gm4_en_ig_cp20160901a.pdf
using this diagram on page 3 for wiring. Do I need to wire in the doors? That is something I haven't done as its a dotted line in the digram.
zsoccerdude17 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2016 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zsoccerdude17
Well, I figured it out. Something that I havent found mentioned anywhere. I needed to ground the neutral safety switch input on the H3 5-pin connector (from the viper 4115 box). No where is this mentioned in any wiring diagrams I've found. I also find it hard to believe I would be the first one to run across this issue.
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 400
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2016 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
the neutral safety switch BLACK/ white is a known you "have to ground"..
zsoccerdude17 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2016 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zsoccerdude17
silvercivicsir wrote:
the neutral safety switch BLACK/ white is a known you "have to ground"..
How would I know this? It's my first install, I saw nothing that would lead me to this. Its an A/T vehicle that is connected in D2D. So it should be able to see the PRNDL state through the OBD. The viper module already has a ground in the system. I've looked through a few step by step threads that dont show it either. Its not even in the dball2 diagrams.
zsoccerdude17 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2016 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zsoccerdude17
The only thing that led me to it, was the 7 flashes from the vipers troubleshooting/code feature.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic